Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Lightest bar pressure 11m kite for old school tricks

Forum for kitesurfers
nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Lightest bar pressure 11m kite for old school tricks!

Postby nothing2seehere » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:21 am

Indulang wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:30 pm
I know it's a bit delayed lol. But I want to thank everyone for the suggestions

I now have some real experience with tail grabs and it contradicts my very "first impressions". When I first tried to take my backhand off the bar mid-jump on my 8m Rebel, I felt too much bar pressure on the front hand. It "felt" almost impossible to hold it sheeted in. Now that I've practiced about 50+ grabs, I don't feel any such excessive pressure regardless of the kite. I did them with high bar pressure kites (Rebel 8m) and low bar pressure kites (Evo SLS 11m) and I only feel marginally extra pressure with the Rebel. With the 8m naturally, it feels more rushed due to the lower hang time.

For anyone else interested in grabs and board-offs, I think the below advice is the FASTEST way to improve muscle memory. I haven't gotten around to trying it yet but this will be far more efficient at creating muscle memory.
nothing2seehere wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:41 am
The value for money option though is a tree branch in the garden/park and then rigging up a board off simulator with an old bar. You'll get hundreds more attempts in quick succession to get the coordination right and it'll be easier to refine once you have that muscle memory. Remember that the wave guys can do rodeos and tic-tacs on wave kites which have the least amount of hangtime around so a normal freeride kite isn't an issue once you have the coordination.
Thank you nothing2seehere for the brilliant insight!!
Word of caution on this method though - make sure you time box a big air simulator. You don't get tired in the same way you do on the water and it's easy to do hundreds of attempts and feel like you've given yourself a hernia the next morning if your core strength isn't used to lifting your legs up that many times in a row :oops:

foxzone
Rare Poster
Local Beach: lake michigan
Favorite Beaches: hatteras
Style: freeride
Gear: XR6's
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Lightest bar pressure 11m kite for old school tricks

Postby foxzone » Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:51 pm

How is a bar pressure on 2022 evo and evo SLS in compare to the 2021/2022 North Orbit.
I am little bit older and I appreciate kites with low bar pressure for just normal riding. I've never had problems knowing were kite is. I find North orbit have right pressure for me. I am looking for kite I could do some old school tricks and do some foiling a bit with as well.
Orbit is kind of hard for foiling to me. Evo sounds that could work. Some say that evo SLS has higher pressure than standard evo.

Blackened
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Style: Big Air, Airstyle
Gear: 2020 Rebels
23/24 Orbits

Re: Lightest bar pressure 11m kite for old school tricks

Postby Blackened » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:02 pm

foxzone wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:51 pm
How is a bar pressure on 2022 evo and evo SLS in compare to the 2021/2022 North Orbit.
I am little bit older and I appreciate kites with low bar pressure for just normal riding. I've never had problems knowing were kite is. I find North orbit have right pressure for me. I am looking for kite I could do some old school tricks and do some foiling a bit with as well.
Orbit is kind of hard for foiling to me. Evo sounds that could work. Some say that evo SLS has higher pressure than standard evo.
Not sure if they changed it for the '22, but the '21 Evo had similar pressure to the Orbit.

Orbit isn't great for foiling. It drifts like a rock.

Return to “Kitesurfing”