Local Beach: SYDVESTPYNTEN
Favorite Beaches: Strandparken
Style: TT
Gear: Slingshot
Brand Affiliation: None

Best kitespot in June freestyle

Postby Kehler » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:50 am

Hi there.

Where is the best freestyle spot in June?

BillyGoatGruff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: UK
Gear: Naish Torch's & Dash

Re: Best kitespot in June freestyle

Postby BillyGoatGruff » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:53 pm

Hi Kehler,

For June Freestyle, I would recommend:

- Cabarete - La Boca is a super flat river mouth, but it can get crowded and is a small area. The main sea is pretty good for Freestyle still. The best months for Cabarete are June, July & August, pretty much wind every afternoon.
- Leucate Lagoon - France.
- Cape Hatteras, North Carolina USA - Miles of flat shallow water and pretty decent wind stats.
- Some of the River Lagoons in Portugal ?

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Re: Best kitespot in June freestyle

Postby Havre » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:01 pm

I'm guessing you are based in Sweden?

Cabarete is a good bet. At times extremely busy though. Hard to say this year how busy it will be I guess. La Boca is nice, but also "Kite beach" which is a bit easier to get to (might even stay there) is decent in terms of flat water. Not flat flat though - like La Boca.

Punta Trettu in Sardinia is quite good. Cabarete is better, but a bit easier to get to Sardinia if you are based in Sweden - I guess. You got "offshore" wind behind that piece of land. So water is generally speaking very flat. Also there is a section which is quite shallow so if anything happens you can just walk back - even if you are "offshore".

I haven't been myself, but on the south tip of Rhodos there is a spot which is supposed to be quite flat? Same as in Punta Trettu - you got offshore wind over a small piece of land. But unlike at Punta Trettu there is nothing there to "stop" you.

Best flat water I have ever experience was in Zanzibar. But not sure how well that works in June - and it is a "#%#% to get to the spot.

Return to “Kitesurfing”