Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Surfr vs Woo

Forum for kitesurfers
Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Surfr vs Woo

Postby Havre » Thu May 05, 2022 6:21 pm

I see Surfr have had some issues with the latest version of the mount - having to switch supplier again. Really hope they succeed - as I love the idea of it and I hope that the people who have really tried to come up with a positive new product are able to in the end. I am sure this became a much much bigger project than planned - and it would be a shame if it just ended up as a complete waste.

Soleas
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: BIG AIR
Gear: Epic Screamer, Flysurfer Soul
Brand Affiliation: Epickites Cyprus Rep/Rider, Kiteflex team rider

Re: Surfr vs Woo

Postby Soleas » Fri May 13, 2022 10:53 pm

I tried surfr when it first came out, stuck a waterproof pouch on my board and tried it a few times. Then the case kept coming off and i was worried about the phone etc and only gave it a go a few times in total after giving up.
About a month ago my 4rth woo died out of nowhere (typical) and i decided to give surfr a go again with the new wetsuit mode. So, I grabbed again my waterproof pouch but this time i just put it in my wetsuit and.....I just could not believe it! It works! And not only works fine but also talks! I landed my first jump and I heard a loud female voice from my phone speaking the height. That was awesome, I didnt even have to look at my watch. After I was done with the sesh i had much more stats than the normal woo. I had all the gps info as well. For free. And I was also live so others could watch my session. The other plus is that now I can see the height on my watch because i have a Garmin Instinct that doesnt connect with the woo. Yeah I have the voice from my phone but sometimes if i'm not sure what she said I can still see it on my watch.

After throwing away 4 woos, sorry woo but I'm done with the woo and I think others will follow after giving the surfr a go. Yeah I heard they will add subscription but it will be for extra features on top of the ones we have now. The current ones (which are a lot already) will stay free. Surfr is amazing, i'm impressed and looking forward for more improvements. No wetsuit? Just stick it in a pair of shorts with a pocket. or an impact vest. And you have a personal height reporter shouting your height everytime you land :D

Not bad of an interface either
Attachments
Capture+_2022-05-14-00-58-41.png

Return to “Kitesurfing”