Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

e foil your foil

Forum for kitesurfers
User avatar
elmarco
Medium Poster
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:28 pm
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 18 times

e foil your foil

Postby elmarco » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:01 pm

Lacroix Vortex efoil - game changer!
https://lacroixboards.com/pages/efoil

I've had the pleasure of helping test out some efoil prototypes over the past couple years.

The beauty of this design is that it can bolt on to your existing kite, wing or surf kit.

Right now it's only compatible with AK Durable Supply wings. (more to come later)

The smallest so far we've ridden this on is an Airush 121cm kite foil board. (23L)
We've also bolted it on 10' SUPs.

As for wing sizes, anything will go on this thing, we even got one of the older 550cm airush wings to fly.

It's a riot.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 6.02.05 PM.png
These users thanked the author elmarco for the post:
Trent hink (Mon May 02, 2022 12:23 am)
Rating: 6.67%

palmbeacher
Frequent Poster
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:53 pm
Kiting since: 2011
Gear: Lift foils + Cabrinha kites
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: e foil your foil

Postby palmbeacher » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:33 am

Amazing! This is such a great solution for a reasonable price. Hope the quality of the product is up to par with LIFT and Fliteboard.

User avatar
downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2612
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:16 am
Gear: building my own
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Perth, Australia
Has thanked: 114 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: e foil your foil

Postby downunder » Sun May 01, 2022 12:00 pm

Nice!

Looked at the site, but not sure how would this work with existing kit?

Thx

Fatso
Rare Poster
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:00 pm
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 95
Local Beach: Edinburgh
Kohilari
Gear: Ozone, flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: e foil your foil

Postby Fatso » Sun May 01, 2022 1:54 pm

So, it's cell pack with a mast, you bolt the pack to your board using the US rail connection and you bolt your own fuselage and wings to the other end?

$4k, not bad when compared with other options and more versatility... Good start.

Trent hink
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 600
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:59 am
Kiting since: 1998
Weight: 83 kg.
Local Beach: Nokomis beach, Turtle beach, Venice inlet, lido key
Style: Creepy old man
Gear: Peak4, LF, solo, Moses 633 hydrofoil, couple of surfboards, a twintip I made in 2008.
Brand Affiliation: once made an attempt to manufacture and market "Anomaly" twin-tip boards.
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: e foil your foil

Postby Trent hink » Mon May 02, 2022 12:22 am

Do I need a board, or can I just just stand on the battery pack?

If not, what volume is required to keep this fancy thing from sinking into the abyss?

User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 10768
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 133 times
Contact:

Re: e foil your foil

Postby tautologies » Mon May 02, 2022 6:15 am

Nice. This makes sense.

If anyone can tell me how to fly with these insane battery packs I might pull the trigger.

User avatar
GregK
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 595
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:22 am
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Comox, BC
CANADA
Style: Hydrofoil mostly
Gear: Lift 170 Fish & 110 wingsets, 32" strut
Ocean Rodeo & BRM kites
Brand Affiliation: Comox Kite Repair
Location: Comox, BC CANADA
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Re: e foil your foil

Postby GregK » Mon May 02, 2022 6:55 am

tautologies wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 6:15 am
If anyone can tell me how to fly with these insane battery packs I might ...
Here's some light reading that 'll explain it all - https://www.iata.org/en/publications/ne ... batteries/

As the demand for air travel with Li-ion battery powered mobility items ( e-bikes, one wheels, efoils, etc. ) increases, no doubt the airlines will make it easier.
These users thanked the author GregK for the post:
tautologies (Mon May 02, 2022 6:18 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

User avatar
elmarco
Medium Poster
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:28 pm
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: e foil your foil

Postby elmarco » Tue May 03, 2022 8:10 am

Trent hink wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 12:22 am
Do I need a board, or can I just just stand on the battery pack?

If not, what volume is required to keep this fancy thing from sinking into the abyss?
I tried it down to 23L .
Small boards like that are a little tricky to get up, but rewarding once you do.
You can likely go a little less volume than 23, but not much
These users thanked the author elmarco for the post:
Trent hink (Tue May 03, 2022 9:17 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

User avatar
downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2612
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:16 am
Gear: building my own
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Perth, Australia
Has thanked: 114 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: e foil your foil

Postby downunder » Tue May 03, 2022 3:11 pm

GregK wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 6:55 am
tautologies wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 6:15 am
If anyone can tell me how to fly with these insane battery packs I might ...
Here's some light reading that 'll explain it all - https://www.iata.org/en/publications/ne ... batteries/

As the demand for air travel with Li-ion battery powered mobility items ( e-bikes, one wheels, efoils, etc. ) increases, no doubt the airlines will make it easier.
or can go the other way after plane crashes due to li-ion in flames...

Who remembers Samsung phone ;)

User avatar
elmarco
Medium Poster
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:28 pm
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: e foil your foil

Postby elmarco » Tue May 03, 2022 7:44 pm

downunder wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 3:11 pm
GregK wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 6:55 am
tautologies wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 6:15 am
If anyone can tell me how to fly with these insane battery packs I might ...
Here's some light reading that 'll explain it all - https://www.iata.org/en/publications/ne ... batteries/

As the demand for air travel with Li-ion battery powered mobility items ( e-bikes, one wheels, efoils, etc. ) increases, no doubt the airlines will make it easier.
or can go the other way after plane crashes due to li-ion in flames...

Who remembers Samsung phone ;)
The beauty of this is no need to bring it on a plane, you can do it any day at your local spot, you're not going to want to bring it with you.
If you're travelling, bring your kite gear.
E foiling will never replace kiting.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Friedchickenloop, Google [Bot], jedi1, magbre and 6 guests