Forum for kitesurfers
rafd
Medium Poster
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Replacing LF foil fuselage - help!

Postby rafd » Tue May 10, 2022 8:34 am

So I managed to lose the wings and fuselage from a Liquid Force Happy Foil. I have a spare set of wings so just need a new fuselage. Unfortunately LF are no longer producing (I'm based in UK). I know very little about foils and if there are any 'standards' but is it possible that some other fuselage would fit?

The fuselage was a basic alu rod:

Mast is a basic alu one and has two female threaded bolt holes spaced at 58mm centers
Front wing and rear wing have double holes spaced at 45mm centers so the fuselage would need threaded holes to match

Even if the wings won't fit, is there some standard for mast fitments so at least I can keep the old masts?

Thanks!

Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Foil foil.. and Old School!
Gear: Too many to list

Re: Replacing LF foil fuselage - help!

Postby Windigo1 » Tue May 10, 2022 5:54 pm

I made several fuselages out of aluminium square bars. The LF one would be super easy to make since it's straight you don't need to shape the area that meets the wing. Just basically cut shape the tips drill some holes tap the threads.

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Re: Replacing LF foil fuselage - help!

Postby nothing2seehere » Wed May 11, 2022 8:58 am

What about something like a clearwater foil fuselage? He used to sell aluminium kits but that seems to have gone now but the wooden and carbon kits still seem to be there. They are basically profiled wood sticks wrapped in fibre glass for water resistance. Drill the holes anywhere you like for the wings then?

Return to “Kitesurfing”