GKA Big Air World Championships and Kite Expo - Tarifa
Starting on June 21st, 2022, in Tarifa, Spain, the GKA will host the biggest kite event/competition and expo combo to date. Whether you want to watch the world's best take to the skies in the Big Air World Championships, (competition window 20 June - 06 July) or talk to the leading manufacturers and get your hands on their brand new gear - Tarifa is the place to be in late June!
This newsletter will focus on the Expo part of the event. If you’ve never attended a kite expo, then you might not be prepared for all of the goodness that is in store!
What is a kite expo? A kite expo is a gathering of industry people, a display of the sport, plus demos, specialised clinics and more.
Ten reasons to attend the GKA Kite Expo
1. You will be inspired. Kite expos provide an endless funnel of inspiration and riders from around the globe gather to show off their skills. You’ll be impacted by those on the beach and in the water. You could even sign up for one of the many instructional clinics taking place, too!
2. There will be lots of kiteboarding! Draw off of the inspiration of those around you or just head out for a soul session, but be sure to take advantage of the conditions and atmosphere!
3. You’ll get to meet your heroes. Kite expos attract global influencers and athletes from around the world. Chances are pretty high that you’ll run into one of the legends of the sport.
4. Schmooze, schmooze, schmooze. Industry leaders, brands, media, athletes and sponsored riders all come together during a kite expo. This provides an opportunity for the industry to catch up, exchange ideas and re-connect after months or even years apart.
5. Make connections. Spending time outside with people that are passionate about the same things you are - there’s really nothing quite like it.
6. You can test gear! Expos provide an amazing way to get your hands on new products and enable you to test a bunch of different designs back-to-back. Whether that be a kite you’re interested in buying or a new board shape, you’ll definitely want to take this opportunity to try, try and try some more.
7. Vibes! There will be an unbeatable atmosphere and all kinds of kite-related activities during the week of the expo. Whether or not you get on the water during the day, you’ll definitely want to hit Tarifa town where all the kiters flock at night!
8. You could witness history! The GKA Kite Expo at Valdevaqueros runs alongside the GKA Big Air World Championships (twin-tip, strapless and hydrofoil disciplines) at Balneario. (The Championships have a wind window of 20th June - 06 July. VIDEO SUBMISSIONS FOR POSSIBLE ENTRANTS CLOSES 12TH MAY - CLICK HERE IF YOU SHRED!
9. Be in the know. Oftentimes, expos will be testing grounds for brand new products, first launched to the public. If you’re lucky enough to be in attendance you could get an inside peek into what’s coming down the wind sports pipeline.
10. Enjoy time outside. Vitamin D is good for your heart and body! Get outside, spend some time in the sunshine and enjoy the elements at Valdevaqueros.
Make sure you don’t miss out on the biggest kite demo and expo of the year and join us in Tarifa - which is run as part of the GKA Big Air World Championship 2022, also taking place in Tarifa at Balneario, with a wind window of 20 June - 6 July.