Weight: 110kg
Local Beach: Cabo Frio, Cumbuco
Style: Wave/foil
Gear: Duotone Neo 8, Rebel 7 and 9, Chrono 11
Armstrong M800 and board
Brand Affiliation: None

Universal Kitebar

Postby Lamilu » Mon May 16, 2022 1:38 am

This is a topic that is really me just trying to unburden my mind…
But been kiting from the begining and I really have to state how much I hate aspects and unecessary complexities of modern bars.
Not that solutions like the duotone stopperball on its trust bar or Ozones click chicken loop arent an improvement…
I just hoped bars could be improved without denying riders means to access front lines independently. (To relaunch, to self land, and specially to easily substitute/mantain).
The “Y” solution is not an advantage.
Why develop high or low Y kites anyways…it should be standard a kite should fly and perform even with handles…
Anyways, had a hard time relaunching today…accessing front lines independently would have helped…
And fell in a horrific gust with the foil inside my lines, damaging my trust bar strong middle line.
Will now have to hunt for or import a replacement… :-?
It takes time.

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Re: Universal Kitebar

Postby Havre » Mon May 16, 2022 8:24 am

How would your universal bar look like?

Personally I think the Reedin Dreamstick X looks pretty perfect - except it should have been wider. If they had a 49-56 or something version and not only a 43-49 I would have bought one yesterday.

I agree on the high Y - not sure if I understand why a low V is an issue?

One of the reasons why I ended up with Ozone again - and not Core or Duotone was the high Y.

mplamplampla
Medium Poster
Gear: Switch 9m

Postby mplamplampla » Mon May 16, 2022 10:05 am

Havre wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:24 am

Personally I think the Reedin Dreamstick X looks pretty perfect - except it should have been wider. If they had a 49-56 or something version and not only a 43-49 I would have bought one yesterday.

One of the reasons why I ended up with Ozone again - and not Core or Duotone was the high Y.
Reedin had a general bar (by majestic) used by many other brands. I am pretty sure that if you search (or wait a bit, maybe it is their new design) , you will find the same bar (with another logo) and maybe at the dimensions you want.

P.S. ALso for the high Y, they just want to be different from other brands , so the majority of kiters will buy only their bars. Simple marketing or whatever you want to call it. If other brands would follow them , the next version of their bars would be low V :)

1234567Simon
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Local Beach: Netherland‘s beaches,
Favorite Beaches: Ijmuiden on NW
Gear: Wave Board, Wave Kites, foiling. But Plan to get Back to Twin Tip boosting

Postby 1234567Simon » Mon May 16, 2022 10:16 am

Actually it is pretty simple making your own lines.

I fully Understand that getting hold of that Line ist Not so easy .... So maybe Just try to buy a Strong Line and splice IT yourself....

I had all Y - Bars..... Just changed them to Low V.

At least one Europe a high class Set of lines is aprox 100 Euros....

You could Check If they send it to you
https://www.coronation-industries.de/sh ... -2019.html

If Not, contact me, I will Order it, and Forward it to you.

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Mon May 16, 2022 12:56 pm

mplamplampla wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 10:05 am
Havre wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:24 am

Reedin had a general bar (by majestic) used by many other brands. I am pretty sure that if you search (or wait a bit, maybe it is their new design) , you will find the same bar (with another logo) and maybe at the dimensions you want.

P.S. ALso for the high Y, they just want to be different from other brands , so the majority of kiters will buy only their bars. Simple marketing or whatever you want to call it. If other brands would follow them , the next version of their bars would be low V :)
That would be cool.

Don't want to highjack this thread by the Reedin Dreamstick X looks very very nice (I haven't tested it to see if there are any practical issues with it - but if not it is pretty perfect based on current bar design I would argue - other than the width).

Return to “Kitesurfing”