Postby Toby » Wed May 18, 2022 7:16 pm

Naish News:

New Naish Releases: Boxer, Dash, Foils and Surfboards

Boxer

boxer.png
boxer.png (484.6 KiB) Viewed 1192 times

All-around Freeride/Foiling
Sizes: 2.8, 3.4, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16

“With great steering response and impeccable power control the Boxer nails down the perfect equation for foilboarding, but its power and handling make it much more than just a foil-head’s dream kite available in any size.” - The Kiteboarder

Designed for foil fanatics and wave riders alike, the Boxer is our one-strut kite, the lightest kite in our lineup, and offers the largest size range from 2.8 m - 16 m. The Boxer features a short depower bar throw and a luff strut design allowing the kite to float so it can be held back further in the window, eliminating the kite overflying in gusty winds. The Quad-Tex ripstop material is durable, delivering a lighter and more responsive kite. Whether you are looking for light wind kiting, down-the-line wave riding, or foiling, the Boxer has you covered.

https://www.naishkites.com/product/boxer/

Triad

triad.png

All-around Freeride
Sizes: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14

“The Triad is the all-purpose kite in the Naish lineup that is geared to be super reliable and user-friendly with plug and play rigging that is ready to help you make the most out of your session.” - The Kiteboarder

The ultimate all-around wave riding machine, built to suit any rider’s needs, the Triad is intuitive, predictable, forgiving, and offers unmatched drift and control in any size surf. This three-strut kite has a center luff strut similar to the Boxer, which allows you to easily fly the Triad while overpowered. You can confidently pump up a Triad one to two sizes larger than you normally would, giving you lots of power with no compromises on control. The Quad-Tex ripstop material is durable, delivering a lighter and more responsive kite. If you are searching for a kite that does it all, the Triad will provide you just that, and more.

https://www.naishkites.com/product/triad/

Kite Foils

Through extensive research and development in our home waters of the Hawaiian Islands, we’ve designed a foil range for anyone, from the weekend warrior to the most experienced watermen and waterwomen. The versatility of our modular foil range enables you to customize your riding experience. Our range has the perfect foil setup for any and all conditions. Our modular system allows you to easily interchange foils, fuselages, and mast lengths from size-to-size, and sport-to-sport Drawing from decades of board riding experience and foiling since the beginning, Naish will provide you with the gear to take your foiling to the next level.

https://www.naishkites.com/products/foil

Hover Microchip

micro.png

Be one with your foil with the latest and greatest kite foil board, the Hover Kite Microchip. At 5 L and measuring just under a meter in length, the Hover Microchip provides the most direct connection to your foil possible. Offering superior control while pumping, ripping turns, and learning new maneuvers, the Microchip has a near-zero swing weight. Featuring a 3K carbon deck and bottom and an 80 kg PVC core, the board is ultra-lightweight and durable, giving you the confidence you need for every session. For riders looking for the most engaging and responsive ride, the Hover Microchip will be your new best friend on the water.

https://www.naishkites.com/product/hover-microchip/

Surfboards

S27KB_Eblast_Global.png
S27KB_Eblast_Global.png (267.06 KiB) Viewed 1078 times

This season's lineup includes a big revamp to our surfboard range. We've updated the construction layups with 2 new constructions: Double Bamboo and PVC Wood Sandwich. Our new evolved EVA pads are optimized for proper traction whether strapped or strapless. Fin boxes have been updated to mini tuttle style to provide additional strength and come with new DFS Full Tab Prepreg Fins. Whether you’re looking to maximize your time at your home break or trying to get more freestyle time in, this season’s lineup has a board to meet your needs.

https://www.naishkites.com/products/directionals/

knyfe
Very Frequent Poster

Re: New Naish Releases: Boxer, Dash and Foils

Postby knyfe » Wed May 18, 2022 8:40 pm

Wow - looks like the boss is back in charge with a low cost video production in the back of a room. Love it compared to the glitzy vids we get otherwise.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed May 18, 2022 9:00 pm

Anyone who can comment on this?
How does it work? and what does it do? Don't get it

Luff Strut
The luff strut provides an adaptable framework for better low-end power.

nshp39.naishsurfing.png
nshp39.naishsurfing.png (272.57 KiB) Viewed 1082 times

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dirk » Wed May 18, 2022 9:09 pm

The canopy is not sewn directly onto the strut but there is a strip of cloth between both. That has been on the Boxer since it’s introduction a couple of years ago.
I think the effect is what is described in the video as „breathability“. The kite has a quite obvious sheet and go feel. In marginal conditions on a TT you can quite easily truck along by sheeting in. Interestingly the kite copes pretty well with stronger gust, so the range is not too bad for a 1-Strut kite.
I love it both for foiling and low wind TT riding and am waiting for my new 14m.
These users thanked the author Dirk for the post:
Toby (Wed May 18, 2022 11:35 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Wed May 18, 2022 10:41 pm

Dirk wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:09 pm
The canopy is not sewn directly onto the strut but there is a strip of cloth between both. That has been on the Boxer since it’s introduction a couple of years ago.
I think the effect is what is described in the video as „breathability“. The kite has a quite obvious sheet and go feel. In marginal conditions on a TT you can quite easily truck along by sheeting in. Interestingly the kite copes pretty well with stronger gust, so the range is not too bad for a 1-Strut kite.
I love it both for foiling and low wind TT riding and am waiting for my new 14m.
My boxer is my go-to foiling kite.
It also come to its own right in snow. The boxer is easily the best snow kite I have ever used. It is also decent in waves.

Saltyman
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 85kg
Style: Freeride/wakestyle, old school big air
Gear: Slingshot,Naish, Cabrinha,

Re: New Naish Releases: Boxer, Dash, Foils and Surfboards

Postby Saltyman » Thu May 19, 2022 5:55 am

The 16m is my go to light wind TT kite.
I reckon that the 12-16 are awesome for surfing and a big TT.
I reckon that the 14&16m are a awesome light wind choice for TT and surfing probably more than for foiling. The lower sizes perfect for foiling IMO.
16m launches in 7 knots on and off the water.

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dirk » Thu May 19, 2022 6:40 am

Looks like that there are no changes to the kites. In the Instagram posts of the dealer meeting which is currently happening in Tarifa there were images of a new 5-strut kite called Phoenix. Possibly Naish‘s answer to all the other 5-strut big air kites. If it‘s fast turning with light bar pressure I am interested. I assume it will be launched with the rest of the line up (Pivot, Slash, Dash, Torch) later this year.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu May 19, 2022 6:55 am

Dirk wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:40 am
Looks like that there are no changes to the kites. In the Instagram posts of the dealer meeting which is currently happening in Tarifa there were images of a new 5-strut kite called Phoenix. Possibly Naish‘s answer to all the other 5-strut big air kites. If it‘s fast turning with light bar pressure I am interested. I assume it will be launched with the rest of the line up (Pivot, Slash, Dash, Torch) later this year.
oh shit..is it a modern version of the draft kite? I miss the 9 of that...and 14....and 12.ahhhhh. damn good kites. Hang time on the draft was just unreal. :o

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu May 19, 2022 7:56 am

Dirk wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:40 am
Interesting. Hoping for a big big air kite 😎

Return to “Kitesurfing”