Forum for kitesurfers
Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Foil foil.. and Old School!
Gear: Too many to list
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Where to sell used kites ?

Postby Windigo1 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:23 pm

The best option is local classifieds here in Canada we have a site called Kijiji it's the equivalent of Craiglist in the US or you can use Facebook Marketplace. That's the best because local buyers can come to see the kite you can pump it up and they see the condition you get paid in cash no fees and everybody is happy the buyer can't say the condition is not as advertised. I usually put my kite on local sites for a few months. If they don't sell then I go to eBay I sold several on eBay. You have access to more buyers but the fees are huge and some people will complain about the tiniest of details so that's the last resort for me. Then there are other sites but the problem is the lack of warranties if you ship before payment you take all the risk if the buyer pays you first he takes all the risks. With eBay there is an insurance.

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:22 pm

stakas1
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Gear: naish

Postby stakas1 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:30 pm

Ebay is the best for selling kites. Be brutally honest about the condition of the kite. Post lots of pictures. Point out repairs or other blemishes. Put no reserve. Offer a 3 day inspection period. I sold all my kites like this and to the delight of the buyer.
These users thanked the author stakas1 for the post:
Archer77 (Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:09 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

noamb
Rare Poster
Gear: F-one bandits and Cabrinha spectrum

Postby noamb » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:04 pm

For east coast, maybe mostly mid Atlantic, http://eastkb.com/c/second-hand-market

Does anyone know what happened to kitesurfclassifieds.com? It seemed like a good idea, but now has 0 listings

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:24 am

noamb wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:04 pm
For east coast, maybe mostly mid Atlantic, http://eastkb.com/c/second-hand-market

Does anyone know what happened to kitesurfclassifieds.com? It seemed like a good idea, but now has 0 listings
They discontinued it due to the overwhelming amount of scammers.Im super bummed. That's half the reason why I pay $15 a month for it. They should have just limited it to payed subscribers
These users thanked the author clint2070 for the post:
POACHER (Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:27 pm)

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:30 pm

Yeah I'm bummed too....

FB has been a dud for any kite/boards I've listed and I detest Ebay for selling anything.
I sold just about everything in the last 20 years on iKitesurf classifieds.

I'm surprised KF here doesn't do much? I've listed stuff here before and don't get anything.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:46 pm

POACHER wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:30 pm
Yeah I'm bummed too....

FB has been a dud for any kite/boards I've listed and I detest Ebay for selling anything.
I sold just about everything in the last 20 years on iKitesurf classifieds.

I'm surprised KF here doesn't do much? I've listed stuff here before and don't get anything.

I think it is very different.

As said, here it is only really "national" you buy/sell - and it goes quite fast both kitesurf and wingfoil gear, on facebook.

Agree it has a lousy search feature, but it doesnt matter if it is national so a more limited number of adds, and you can scroll through quite easy, and there is also always someone who knows someone - meaning if you tell friends you seek something, or they know you need something, one of them will stumble into what you seek on facebook and notifiy you - in fact this is VERY often the way things gets distributed and works like a charm :thumb:

If you want to buy/sell overseas, yes you need a very different buy/sell site, and agree facebook is not good.

8) Peter

Tony
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 80 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, NC
Style: Foil
Gear: Delta HA Foils 1280,1050,850,700
Airush Nitros and Duotone Slicks
Appletree Jazz
Bunch of other gear I need to sell

Postby Tony » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:28 pm

KiteGearUSA looks like a good option for USA and seems to be getting some traction.
These users thanked the author Tony for the post:
alsky (Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:18 pm)

jmach
Medium Poster
Gear: none

Postby jmach » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:04 pm

stakas1 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:30 pm
Ebay is the best for selling kites. Be brutally honest about the condition of the kite. Post lots of pictures. Point out repairs or other blemishes. Put no reserve. Offer a 3 day inspection period. I sold all my kites like this and to the delight of the buyer.
You can sell just about anything if the price is low enough. Keep in mind eBay takes about 15%. Strongly agree with you about posting lots of pics and being brutally honest about any defects or blemishes.

Return to “Kitesurfing”