COR electric pump

Forum for kitesurfers
POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

COR electric pump

Postby POACHER » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:54 pm

PREEMPTIVE DISCLAIMER: Please don't bother posting the typical ANTI electric pump posts that I frequently see here. LOL :lol: :lol:

"Just get a foil kite, they are technically superior."
"I like to pump up before I kite, it warms up my gluteus maximus and gets me feeling all sparkly!"
"Don't be lazy...."
"I made a quadruple barrel hand pump out of old septic system pipes and $.35 in glue!"

Now that the fair warning has been given:
https://www.corpump.co/

I stumbled across a random post on FB from a kiting group about this small handheld electric pump. The author then posted the site. The website is touting it being able to inflate 15 -12m kites with a PSI of 15. :o I'd be very interested, if it can even do half that amount, I'd buy one. Having some experience with electric pumps doing my children's tubes and floaties, I'd say I'm dubious to highly skeptical at best.....That's a lot of power, heat and air to be delivered by this Cuisanart looking device.
Small, light, travel friendly and USB charging.....If it works, I'm in.
Cor pump.png
Does anyone here have any real world experience with this new pump?............(before I throw away $150! LOL)
Last edited by POACHER on Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Re: COR electric pump

Postby SENDIT! » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:42 pm

It’s still in Kickstarter mode as far as I know, so the only people with any experience are going to be ones with close ties to the company. I’m hopeful, but the proof is in the pudding, so they say. As an owner of a kite shop in a place where I use and sell a LOT of 17m kites, I would be PERSONALLY interested as well as professionally. ;)

RRC1962
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Weight: 240
Local Beach: Dewey Beach, DE
Favorite Beaches: Rehoboth, DE. Outer Banks, NC.
Style: Freeride, mow the grass
Gear: Cabrinha Contra 17, Moto 14, Litewave Wing 165, Slingshot Hover Glide foil on a WF-2 board, Mystic Driver Seat Harness.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby RRC1962 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:53 am

I'm interested in this also. I've messaged people on Facebook, sent emails asking for real videos and I got nothing. I would buy one if (1) Someone other than a company rep can vouch for it and (2) I see a real time video of it inflating a kite. There is serious lack of info even on their website. It appears to be a single stage pump and I'm wondering how they get 15PSI from a single stage pump. There is no mention of Kickstarter on the website. The website appears open for business and taking orders.

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster

Postby POACHER » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:56 pm

Yeah the site seems very sketchy with any kind of details. The video of it pumping up a wing isn't too impressive either. For $150 I want to see one work in person.

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:04 pm

I "subscribed" to their mailing list, but I haven't heard anything back from them yet.

Then again not unusual in the early days for companies launching products like that not to be very responsive. Always unexpected things they need to fix, deal with etc.

finchtime
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Weight: 88
Local Beach: UK South Coast
Gear: Switchblades 12/9/7
Shinn Ronson 141/42
Been thanked: 0

Postby finchtime » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:16 pm

I've never personally seen the point, find it quick and easy with a normal pump.

However, I love this one. Namely, the form factor, especially when travelling and wanting to lose baggage/excess weight.

Strange they don't advertise this as multi-purpose for SUPs, air beds, camping etc.

Looks awesome, thanks for sharing.

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster

Postby POACHER » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:21 pm

finchtime wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:16 pm

However, I love this one. Namely, the form factor, especially when travelling and wanting to lose baggage/excess weight.
Exactly.
Smaller than a regular hand pump has a lot of appeal for travel. Everyone has a cell phone and a charger typically.

I just can't help but doubt their claims of capacity and PSI. I know this isn't an exact comparison but my wife just bought a high end Samsung vacuum. That thing can only run on high for about 5 minutes before it dies. I'm no engineer, but I think the rate of energy needed for that amount of suction is wayyyyy less than a small pump/battery combo to expel air. Again back to my kids toys with the plug in pump - it takes several minutes to do a normal size air mattress and doing 2-3 that pump is very hot.

I'd be impressed if this pump with its small size could pump 3 kites to 7 psi on a single charge.

I hate to be such a doubter, but this thing has a very Aliexpress vibe to it. Someone is good at marketing and knows most kiters have $150 to burn.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:13 pm

For people using smaller kites this doesn't make really sense...use the normal pump ;-)

For us big kites riders it makes perfectly sense! And for the travellers!

I got in touch with them, and once available I will receive one (after Xmas), and test it and will make a video with a review.

Looks VERY promising, hope it gets realized and works as advertised.
These users thanked the author Toby for the post (total 6):
SENDIT! (Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:27 pm) • RRC1962 (Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:39 pm) • POACHER (Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:54 pm) • dejavu (Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:55 am) • Guttorm (Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:10 am) • eenzwemvijver (Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:48 pm)
Rating: 18.18%

RRC1962
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Weight: 240
Local Beach: Dewey Beach, DE
Favorite Beaches: Rehoboth, DE. Outer Banks, NC.
Style: Freeride, mow the grass
Gear: Cabrinha Contra 17, Moto 14, Litewave Wing 165, Slingshot Hover Glide foil on a WF-2 board, Mystic Driver Seat Harness.

Postby RRC1962 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:43 pm

There is a guy trying to sell one on FB but when I tried to message him the message failed to send. He is asking $100. I was tempted. Wouldn't be the first $100 I blew on junk that didn't work.

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster

Postby POACHER » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:56 pm

Nice Toby!

If it turns out to be a good pump, hit them up for a forum Groupon! You could be rich! 🤣🤣🤣👊🏻

Return to “Kitesurfing”