Forum for kitesurfers
Slappysan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: Wave Bandit Performer 4-10
Brand Affiliation: None

Airush One v1 2021

Postby Slappysan » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:45 pm

Anyone have any reviews on this kite? Not much on the internet.

3 pullies seems bad to me, and the one review I found said high bar pressure.

MikeBirt
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 81kg
Local Beach: Teesside - UK
Favorite Beaches: Redcar, Beadnell, Budle
Style: everything
Gear: Like to try everything I can :-)
Brand Affiliation: Airush and Shinn (UK importer)
Has thanked: 0

Re: Airush One v1 2021

Postby MikeBirt » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:03 pm

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/408483582

I used a few times when the one came out. I was curious how it stacked up against the more expensive ultra for foiling. (video above)
Turns out its pretty good. Not as light or fast as the ultra, and sat a bit further back in the window, so it wasnt as fast but did have more power when trying to get going - ultra can be too fast in super light winds sometimes, but it was comparable in all other areas. If someone gave it to me on a desert island for a week I would be very happy.

bar pressure, found it fine - to me you need a bit of bar pressure - enough so you can feel what the kite is doing, and not too much that your arms get tired. The 9 was no issue for me, just right.
it's always perspective though - if you use kites with no pressure you'll say something completely different - but I bet I would call a light bar kite vague and hard to ride properly..

and the pullies -
they give you 100% steering control over the kite at all points of sheeting. If it were a fixed bridle you loose this, would have to sheet in hard for fast turning and for me foiling needs control of steering when you depower, so it's essential I would say...

Return to “Kitesurfing”