Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Upcoming from Ocean Rodeo Aluula 2023

Forum for kitesurfers
fernmanus
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Upcoming from Ocean Rodeo Aluula 2023

Postby fernmanus » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:40 am

Mc, Sorry, you are confused about a 5 strut Flite. The current Flite design is archaic. If it was not built in Aluula, it would probably be out of production. There are heavier kites that perform in light wind a whole lot better - Juice, Turbine, Zephyr to name a few. I am glad that OR recognized that the design needs to be updated.

Green Turtle & Toby - I agree. I don’t understand why we haven’t seen a large tube kite in years, yet the foil companies keep building 18 and 21m kites that kick a$$ in light wind. OR, please build a 5 strut big air Flite in Aluula. OR would own the 20+m tube category (sure it doesn’t exist now, but it is a niche that needs to be filled).
These users thanked the author fernmanus for the post:
McLovin (Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:47 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Mellowyellow
Medium Poster
Weight: 62
Local Beach: South west France
Style: All round
Gear: Reedin supermodel
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Mellowyellow » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:19 am

Any news about the release date of the 2023 new toys ?
Crave a serie full aluula ?
New kite with the new extra light canopy?

I’d like a do it all kite :
Idéal my as Lite as the ufo slingshot, but able to properly jump like a 3 struts kite such as Naish pivot
A crave a serie seems to be the ticket.

Also I will see why the don’t to à strut less aluula kite. A 9m would under 1kg and would be a dream for foiling. Like a slingshot ufo full allula…

McLovin
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 124 kg
Local Beach: The Columbia River Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Rufus & Rooster - sandy ones with smooth wind
Style: TT - Newbie Foiler
Gear: Armstrong FOIL - SS Dwarfcraft - North Code Zero 7,8 - CORE Section 4,5 XR 7,9 Ocean Rodeo RISE (A) 9/10/11 Ocean Rodeo Flite 14.5(A), CARVE Imperator 151cm TT and Crazy Fly Raptor 140cm Neon TT - Ocean Rodeo Ignites Drysuit - Mystic Majestic 5/4 4/3 other stuff...
Brand Affiliation: Just stuff I like... THANKS Armie!

Postby McLovin » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:47 am

fernmanus wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:40 am
Mc, Sorry, you are confused about a 5 strut Flite. The current Flite design is archaic. If it was not built in Aluula, it would probably be out of production. There are heavier kites that perform in light wind a whole lot better - Juice, Turbine, Zephyr to name a few. I am glad that OR recognized that the design needs to be updated.

Green Turtle & Toby - I agree. I don’t understand why we haven’t seen a large tube kite in years, yet the foil companies keep building 18 and 21m kites that kick a$$ in light wind. OR, please build a 5 strut big air Flite in Aluula. OR would own the 20+m tube category (sure it doesn’t exist now, but it is a niche that needs to be filled).
Fern - point taken. I am just a lowly end user - you make some good points on the design side. Guess I'll just have to try them when / if the new ones come out. Agree with others that the BIG kite 14.5 for me, will be the 1st addition in the new build - maybe... it's gotta beat out my current Flite A which works pretty darn good on those light days we get from time to time. The 11m RISE with a Carved LW board is also a tough act to follow.

Happy to have such nice problems - really no complaints at all on any of my OR kites - really happy they made them for me to BUY - Thanks OR :)

Mc

:dance:

Return to “Kitesurfing”