Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Duotone Click Bar 2023

Postby Toby » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:52 am

Duotone News:

Duotone Click Bar 2023

click bar.png

The flagship control system from Duotone gives you the ultimate way to trim your kite without moving your hand from the bar itself. Years ago, it revolutionised the kite industry, and now, it’s upgraded again to make it even better with the new Iron Heart VI Click-In Safety System and FLITE99 lines. Available as in medium with a 49cm bar and 22m lines with 2m extensions or in small with a 42cm wide bar with 20m lines and 2m extensions.

The Click Bar with its Backline Trim Unit was a game-changer when it hit the market; the design has been refined over the years, and it’s become the benchmark in kite control systems. For 2023, there is a new Iron Heart VI which features a Click-In Safety System. This allows you to simply push the chicken loop into the Iron Heart VI for easy connection every time. Perfect for riders using a rope slider bar and a real help when you pop your chicken loop and need to reconnect, especially in the water. The floater is also removable so that you can inspect the leader lines of the bar easily , the progressive pigtails have a reduced sleeving, only where it is needed; this reduces the weight and the drag through the air at a critical connection point to the kite.

The new FLITE99 lines from Robline reduce the drag through the air and offer a more direct steering response. The new V Distributor III can be adjusted easily, allowing you to quickly set the front line to split quickly. It can also be removed entirely, very easily, so you can have a very low V; this makes the Click Bar compatible with most kites on the market. There is a Suicide Ring leash connection system; ride it in full safety mode or easily set up suicide for unhooked riding. There is also a Click Bar in Medium with 12m + 12m extensions; this set-up is perfect for kite schools. If you want the ultimate control system for your kites, the Click Bar is the only choice you need to make; there is nothing better! For 2023, it’s refined, tuned and ready to perform at the highest levels of the sport.

https://www.duotonesports.com/kiteboard ... click-bar/

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: This & that
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Duotone Click Bar 2023

Postby SolarSet » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:03 am

I'm considering switching from Thrust bar to Click bar as due to number of kiteloop I have in session I end up with front line twisted above STAINLESS STEEL SAFETY PULLEY it is very annoying that sometimes lines get twisted below this stainless safety pulley and I can number of untwist to do but often line twist above this last pulley and I can't see it clear.

Is there any real drawback from moving to Click bar? I don't use depower almost ever so I don't care about click mechanizm, auto-untwist of front line is my main reason. It worked very well in Core Sensor 3 bar that I should probably keep instead of buying DT bar in the first place.

Can someone looping, rotating a lot comment if there is any drawback except price to use Click bar over Trust bar?

leeuwen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Anything in NL
Style: Foiling around
Gear: KauperXT 11M Falcon
Ocean Rodeo aluula roam 10m / HL Crave 8m/6m
Slingshot ghost 4M
Sabfoil 1350L,633,699,671/ 83-103 kraken mast / Groove Skate L + Radical / Sabfoil T35
Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby leeuwen » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:14 am

The previous model years have a pretty sticky PU rope.
Not sure if they changed it but it is really hard/impossible to sheet+steer at the same time. The stickyness of the PU also irritated my hands so much I needed to actively keep it wet for lubrication.
Never had that sheet+steer issue with the core dual rope untwist and also did not have the irritation issues with any other brand PU rope.

Other than this the 2023 bar iteration seems to have fixed most of my gripes with it, looks like a good step forward. Hope they also improved the bar grip which disintegrated way to quick.

cor
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: -

Postby cor » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:29 am

I have been using the click bar since 2018 and I do kiteloops and rotations.

Auto untwist works very well. It happens occasionally though that the bar is a bit stuck in the TPU covered depower when it´s twisted. This can happen if the bearing is not maintained properly or caught a lot of sand. This isn´t a big deal though in my opinion and the auto untwist functionality is more important than this, but I know some kiters who are preferring the trust bar because of this reason. Anyway, it is a better mechanism than with the sensor 3, because it´s actual auto untwist in the sense that you don´t have to push the bar down.

It´s the best bar for me and in the meantime, I own three click bars. My old North Click Bar from 2018 still works like new.
leeuwen wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:14 am
Not sure if they changed it but it is really hard/impossible to sheet+steer at the same time.
Come on! It is far from "impossible" or "really hard", even with the first version of the click bar. It is just not the same as with a rope depower and people expect it to be the same. You will get used to it after 30 minutes and of course you can sheet and steer at the same time. If you actually couldn´t do this, there would be many accident and no one would use this bar.
These users thanked the author cor for the post:
POACHER (Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:38 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

leeuwen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Anything in NL
Style: Foiling around
Gear: KauperXT 11M Falcon
Ocean Rodeo aluula roam 10m / HL Crave 8m/6m
Slingshot ghost 4M
Sabfoil 1350L,633,699,671/ 83-103 kraken mast / Groove Skate L + Radical / Sabfoil T35
Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby leeuwen » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:51 am

Fair enough, let me rephrase my experience:
Steering input above about approximately 45% would pretty much block sheeting for me but at lower angels it was still noticeable with extra friction.
Especially while foiling, with lots of loops with big steering inputs, this was a drawback for me. Used it for about 30 sessions.
Maybe there is less of an issue with more tension in the power lines:pu line like on a twintip?

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SolarSet » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:03 pm

I wasn't aware about stickiness of PU tube for the click bar does it happen while riding or mainly while doing so aggressive steering during kiteloops? I think Sensor 3 bar is masterpiece with small exception to the flagging out system but I never had to use.
Diameter of bar could be narrower if it the same between click and trust bar.
Trust bar annoys f&*k out of me especially that I moved from Core bar

cor
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: -

Postby cor » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:14 pm

leeuwen wrote: Steering input above about approximately 45% would pretty much block sheeting for me but at lower angels it was still noticeable with extra friction.
Especially while foiling, with lots of loops with big steering inputs, this was a drawback for me. Used it for about 30 sessions.
Maybe there is less of an issue with more tension in the power lines:pu line like on a twintip?
Yes, Click Bar is not the best bar for low winds/foiling because of that reason. Nevertheless I use it for foiling very often because I am so used to it. If you are really dedicated to light winds, there might be other bars that are better suited.

To me it´s not a big issue though. Untwisting is way more important to me and I would not want to miss that. There are pros and cons everywhere.
SolarSet wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:03 pm
I wasn't aware about stickiness of PU tube for the click bar does it happen while riding or mainly while doing so aggressive steering during kiteloops?
It can happen if the PU Tube is twisted or you try to steer when lines are slack (This is what Leeuwen mentioned). It never happens during kiteloops because then you have so much line tension that it´s not a problem anyway. If there would be a problem during kiteloops, I would not use this bar because that would be an actual safety issue.
These users thanked the author cor for the post:
SolarSet (Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:27 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Philicious
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Gear: North NEO

Postby Philicious » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:36 pm

SolarSet wrote:
Why did the Trust bar annoy you?

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:48 pm

leeuwen wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:14 am
The previous model years have a pretty sticky PU rope.
Not sure if they changed it but it is really hard/impossible to sheet+steer at the same time. The stickyness of the PU also irritated my hands so much I needed to actively keep it wet for lubrication.
Never had that sheet+steer issue with the core dual rope untwist and also did not have the irritation issues with any other brand PU rope.

Other than this the 2023 bar iteration seems to have fixed most of my gripes with it, looks like a good step forward. Hope they also improved the bar grip which disintegrated way to quick.
You must be mistaken. The Duotone rep on this forum (Dan I think?) guaranteed that this wasn't the case. Lol.

Good thing more companies are starting to use thick and/or square PU covers.

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SolarSet » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:16 pm

Philicious wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:36 pm
SolarSet wrote:
Why did the Trust bar annoy you?
I started to loop my Evo's a lot this year, probably around 100 times in session, almost every jump I try to finish with loop and that means front lines get twisted. Unlike with most of kite with low-V, lines gets twisted below and above safety pulley and I can't see how twisted they are. This is in my opinion safety issue with a bar but maybe it's not for people who are doing rotation and kiteloops.
These line twisted above safety pulley are also moving line spread point and I'm sure it affect how kite flies.
Attachments
2022_09_30_14_12_36_Duotone_Trust_Kite_Bar_2022_H20_Sports_Ltd_H2O_Sports.png
2022_09_30_14_12_36_Duotone_Trust_Kite_Bar_2022_H20_Sports_Ltd_H2O_Sports.png (44.46 KiB) Viewed 2912 times
These users thanked the author SolarSet for the post (total 2):
Philicious (Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:24 pm) • jmach (Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:39 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

Return to “Kitesurfing”