Kiting since: 2021
Weight: 170
Local Beach: Virginia
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Flysurfer Radical 7

Postby Templeam » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:32 am

Hey guys, current intermediate rider here. I've been riding a flysurfer rad 5 133 for a while now and I'm really loving the board. I love the size and play of it. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the rad 7? I know they've added some channeling to the bottom, but it is hard to find reviews online on what else has changed. I feel at times the 5 lacks some pop and slides too much when the wind picks up. Hoping someone here has some experience with them to give me an idea relative to the 5.

Billyboysurfs
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Weight: 73kg
Favorite Beaches: Squamish Spit
Gear: North
Been thanked: 0

Re: Flysurfer Radical 7

Postby Billyboysurfs » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:25 am

Hey, Im looking at the radical 7 too. Did you pull the trigger? Or hear any more details? Having a hard time finding a review too.

haiku
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Latina beach Italy and...Naish beach Maui
Favorite Beaches: Latina, Porto Pollo - Italy , Kitebeach. Kihei - Maui
Style: old and new school
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic FR, Speed, Boost, Cronix, Naish Pivot, Flysurfer Radical 5, Door 5, Kazuma custom wave boards

Postby haiku » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:08 pm

Hi I own the new Radical 7 128, It is pretty similar to the older model but I noticed some little improvements. It feels better at high speed in choppy water and I can put much pressure on the edge before a Jump which means that I can jump a little bit higher; the landings are also smoother. In marginal or moderate wind conditions the upwind angle is impressive and I don't Know the reason because the Radical 6 128 was better at carving. Overall I think that Flysurfer has mixed some features of the discontinued Rush and the Radical 6 128 together. So I'm very happy with It. See the Radical 7 128 in some clip in the video below.

Cheers
Carlo
These users thanked the author haiku for the post:
Billyboysurfs (Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:41 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

dejavu
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Any that have steady wind
Favorite Beaches: Any
Style: Freeride with the conditions on the day
Gear: Cabrinha, Flysurfer, NP, Rip Curl, WFMG, Aquapak, Loksac, Gopro, Suunto, apple watch.

Postby dejavu » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:02 am

I have used the Radical 7 144 since launch and it is a great board. It is smooth on the chop, pulls enough upwind well and lands from jumps nicely. The bindings are the most comfortable around.
These users thanked the author dejavu for the post:
Billyboysurfs (Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:41 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”