Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: bureaucracy in Greece?

Postby Toby » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:14 pm

no idea. just an idea. but of course can be legal as well. Which it should, specially if something happens....

Fatso
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 85 to 100
Local Beach: Edinburgh
Kohilari
Style: Surf
Gear: Ozone Reo V5 9m
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Fatso » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:37 pm

athen wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:41 pm
Hello Kiteforum-ers,
first of all I want deeply thanks all the people who answered to my questions, because I really didn't expect such detailed answers and advices.
Good or bad, however for me it is important to know these things about Greece and I really appreciate the time you spent to write me.
SINCERELY MANY THANKS!
Said that, of course I am not happy to ready all these stories about Greece, I can't lie saying I didn't know... because I already heard about all these demotivating realities of the world of businesses and works in Greece.
basically, I heard these things from my relative and his restaurant' experience, but also from another friend who owns an ice cream shop in a famous tourist spot and although his ice cream parlor has been doing very well for many years, every season he comes up against a harsh reality of mistreatment, teasing and much more, which often happen by the owner of the walls of his ice cream shop or from its competitors next door! That's really incredibile. in EUROPE and in 2022???
I thought that maybe working in the SPORT could be a better way but from what you wrote, obviously I was wrong!
I don't like Greek people very much (sorry to say, but for me it's the truth).
lots of smiles and nice words, coffee and some beer offered from unknown people with whom I had never even had a word (that's crazy!)
but my instincts always alerted me that beside that very friendly facade and behind all that kindness there was indisputably "wanting to mind my own business"... I mean, knowing everything about me and snooping into my very personal life.
I don't want to criticize, but simply give my personal opinion after several and long summers spent in Greece.
Now, in a nutshell.... I'm losing the desire to try this kitesurf business in Greece. I think I have to sleep on it for a few more nights... and perhaps opt for a more civilized country and with a more intelligent and thicker people to live with and do business with.
Yeah, reading what you wrote... Better you don't try to do business with anyone where the sun shines because it's not gonna end well.

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:29 am

You should contact Dimitri Maramenides at Epic Kites for advice. He owns Epic Kites, he’s Greek, was born in Athens and knows the language, and goes to Greece frequently on kitesurfing trips.

https://www.epickiteskiteboarding.com/a ... ramenides/

Return to “Kitesurfing”