Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Woo Worlds Suggestions

Forum for kitesurfers
fernmanus
Very Frequent Poster

Woo Worlds Suggestions

Postby fernmanus » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:05 pm

First of all, a big thanks to Woo and the sponsors for an amazing event this year. Most kite events are for pros with little to no participation for your average Joe kiter.

Woo sent an email out to participants recapping the event and it was awesome to see the participation by so many kiters around the globe.

I have a few suggestions for next year that possibly could make the event even better.
1. Some way of seeing the standings in real time (it probably was there somewhere, but I could never find it on the app or online).
2. I would eliminate cash prizes and give out swag and gear to more participants. A hat or a T-shirt would be awesome for most of us. Why not the Woo device as a prize, especially if you come out with a new version?
3. A few ideas for additional categories:
a. most locations during the comp
b. most days riding during the comp
c. most viral views of a post promoting the event
d. most team spirit determined by online postings, team photos, etc.

Again, my sincere thanks to Woo and the sponsors of Woo Worlds.
These users thanked the author fernmanus for the post:
WOO Worlds (Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:06 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Woo Worlds Suggestions

Postby Toby » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:14 pm

agree, great event where everyone can participate.
1. Some way of seeing the standings in real time (it probably was there somewhere, but I could never find it on the app or online).
I think this is a great idea to see where you are standing and what it needs to be on top. I am sure it will push people even more to go out.

LePhasme
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 74
Local Beach: City Beach (Perth, Au)
Favorite Beaches: Shoalwater
Augusta
Nickolson point
Style: Big air
Gear: Duotone rebel (7, 10, 12)
Cabrinha ace 135x40
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby LePhasme » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:23 am

Personally I wouldn't agree with 2 and c.
2 because I don't really care about getting a tshirt or a hat and from an ecological point of view it would be a waste to send thousands of tshirt all over the world (and it might cost more than sum of cash saved).
c because usually those popularity contest winners aren't the most interesting/outstanding post, it's the one where the poster is the most "sociable" (with lots of friends/subscribers in his network) and most happy to spam everywhere to win.

WOO Worlds
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2021
Local Beach: Worldwide
Gear: Cabrinha, Core, Duotone, Eleveight, Flysurfer, Naish, North and Ozone.
Brand Affiliation: WOO

Postby WOO Worlds » Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:12 pm

fernmanus wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:05 pm
First of all, a big thanks to Woo and the sponsors for an amazing event this year. Most kite events are for pros with little to no participation for your average Joe kiter.

Woo sent an email out to participants recapping the event and it was awesome to see the participation by so many kiters around the globe.

I have a few suggestions for next year that possibly could make the event even better.
2. I would eliminate cash prizes and give out swag and gear to more participants. A hat or a T-shirt would be awesome for most of us. Why not the Woo device as a prize, especially if you come out with a new version?
3. A few ideas for additional categories:
a. most locations during the comp
b. most days riding during the comp
c. most viral views of a post promoting the event
d. most team spirit determined by online postings, team photos, etc.

Again, my sincere thanks to Woo and the sponsors of Woo Worlds.
Amazing, thanks for the feedback! We were overwhelmed by all the positive response we received this year and can't wait for the 2023 edition!

Regarding suggestion 1...you can always check the live leaderboards via https://leaderboards.wooworlds.com 8)

Suggestion 2 and 3 are going straight into our improvements board. Certainly some interesting points there.

Thanks again and happy sending! :thumb:

leepasty
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: porthleven, west cornwall, uk
Favorite Beaches: gnaraloo,curral jouel, One Eye, Haakgat,
porthleven, Gwithian
Style: Waves
Gear: Duotone Pro Wam, Pro Session and Neos
Brand Affiliation: sponsored by Duotone & Ion

Postby leepasty » Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:53 pm

I think best way to encourage more people would be to have a seperate category for pros ie international team riders.
Give cash prizes and watch etc to the ams that are pushing it and doing big jumps, the pros now have a lot of big air comps to win stuff 😉

Return to “Kitesurfing”