radeon89 wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:43 am
this is quite strange to me as long as it means:
- they will keep selling 2022 standard EVO also in 2023
- they will change just colours on the evo sls
- they will announce a dlab version
so basically 2 out of 3 will be the same, from a commercial point of view they would benefit from having just 2 model 1 as it is 1 brand new.
Have you seen some pictures in the website/forum of 2023 evo sls? i coud not find them
thanks a lot
Yes, you are basically right. But you can look at it from different perspective:
I see it like:
Evo + Evo SLS are the main stream = affordable kites, which most people will be buying. On top of that Evo serves as baseline, so the the more expennsive Evo SLS has something to compare with and look better.
Evo DLab will be luxurious type of kite = extra light and extra expensive because of the Aluula material, which is also quite expensive and requires special sewing process, developed specially for Aluula. Buying DLab is like buying expensive car - 90% of people won't do that, so sales won't be huge. Existence of DLab is part of the prestige, that Duotone participates in the competition for the world-lightest kites.
If you think like the Duotone sales manager, it makes sense.
- Evo = base standard kite, for people that need to save money (and makes Evo SLS look better)
- Evo SLS = premium kite for most people
- Evo DLab = extra expensive luxury car, only few people buys it;