Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2023 Airush Lift Release date ?

Forum for kitesurfers
ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

2023 Airush Lift Release date ?

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:31 pm

Seems like it got rated quite well but has magically disappeared from the Free Marketing opportunity that has presented itself..

A few insane Facebook short line near vertical loop vids but nothing else.
The pimp machine must be on holiday.. what's up ? :cool2:

Sun
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tybee Island
Favorite Beaches: Cape Town, Cumbuco
Gear: 12m Hyperlink
12m, 10m, 8m Dice SLS
6m Dice (2017)
Reedin Kev Pro 136 board
Nobile XTR LW board
Mystic MajesticX Hardshell
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2023 Airush Lift Release date ?

Postby Sun » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:05 am

Does seem like a marketing flub. We know the designer of the kite has seemingly moved on to Lacuna, so 2023 is likely the best state they got the kite to before leaving. But yeah, I also would have expected them to jump on the opportunity. North certainly did. 🤣

Clinton
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby Clinton » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:29 am

We did have some challenges with the timing the blank kite test, the product was still in final development and now due for release early Q2. So yes, that was not ideal but it is an opportunity we didn’t want to miss. The Kite Designer (Mark Pattison) is still very much with Airush and the key product tester and developer is Jason Van Der Spuy. They have been working on all final tweaks and details, which we are very keen to share once the product is available.
These users thanked the author Clinton for the post:
Sun (Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:00 pm)
Rating: 3.13%

UrosR
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Gear: All Naish

Postby UrosR » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:11 pm

I was wondering the same thing. when will they release the kite? I think that most releases are too late. buyers are mostly waiting for the tests, and if you consider that the main season is from May to September, in the biggest market, May is already too late

Durum
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Gear: Naish, Core, Reedin

Postby Durum » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:42 pm

Didn't Decays wife design the new lift v3?

Clinton
Rare Poster

Postby Clinton » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:34 pm

UrosR wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:11 pm
I was wondering the same thing. when will they release the kite? I think that most releases are too late. buyers are mostly waiting for the tests, and if you consider that the main season is from May to September, in the biggest market, May is already too late
Airush generally runs on longer product life cycles with no planned obsolescence, we try to work continuously on the products, and release when we feel we have made enough of a step forward. (Hence the version numbers and not model years) We will generally either ship in the spring (as with the Lift) or in the fall around September. We will work to bring spring deliveries a little earlier going forward, that’s good feedback. Thanks.

Xtream
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Brant Beach LBI
Style: Old School
Gear: Rogue Wave, Switch, Windwing, Ozone, Fone
Brand Affiliation: Brands that are fun to ride

Postby Xtream » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:38 pm

Does the V3 Lift still have the canopy framing and 6 pulleys on the bridles?

MAC

Clinton
Rare Poster

Postby Clinton » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:41 pm

Xtream wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:38 pm
Does the V3 Lift still have the canopy framing and 6 pulleys on the bridles?

MAC
We have been working on all final tweaks and details, which we are very keen to share once the product is available.

UrosR
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Gear: All Naish

Postby UrosR » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:47 pm

Clinton wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:34 pm
UrosR wrote:
Airush generally runs on longer product life cycles with no planned obsolescence, we try to work continuously on the products, and release when we feel we have made enough of a step forward. (Hence the version numbers and not model years) We will generally either ship in the spring (as with the Lift) or in the fall around September. We will work to bring spring deliveries a little earlier going forward, that’s good feedback. Thanks.
I hope you didn't misunderstand that that was just my opinion and not an insult. I see, that's your strategy. As the owner of a 3 year old Union, I actually bought it a little over a year ago at a huge discount because it was last year's model. When I sell equipment, the 2019 kite model released in November no one cares that it was released in November. The same as a buyer, I am looking to buy equipment at the beginning of the season (in Europe) to make good use of the season ( from May to November). I don't want to buy a kite at the end of the season and have it sit in my closet for 5 months.
I hope you understand that I like Airush kites, but this year I'm leaning towards Orbita. Nitro is a little too expensive and if I don't get a good deal it's not on the list. I just hope that I will have the opportunity to test the lift kite before buying. I might change my mind. You made a good advertisement on the test, that's why people are interested.
I hope for the best.

Clinton
Rare Poster

Postby Clinton » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:53 am

UrosR wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:47 pm
Clinton wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:34 pm
UrosR wrote:
I hope you didn't misunderstand that that was just my opinion and not an insult. I see, that's your strategy. As the owner of a 3 year old Union, I actually bought it a little over a year ago at a huge discount because it was last year's model. When I sell equipment, the 2019 kite model released in November no one cares that it was released in November. The same as a buyer, I am looking to buy equipment at the beginning of the season (in Europe) to make good use of the season ( from May to November). I don't want to buy a kite at the end of the season and have it sit in my closet for 5 months.
I hope you understand that I like Airush kites, but this year I'm leaning towards Orbita. Nitro is a little too expensive and if I don't get a good deal it's not on the list. I just hope that I will have the opportunity to test the lift kite before buying. I might change my mind. You made a good advertisement on the test, that's why people are interested.
I hope for the best.
Any feedback is appreciated, If you connect with one of the key Airush retailers they would be able to give you an idea of when the will have the first test samples in stock. That would depend on your region. If you liked the Union, it would be great to have you jump on the new Lift and at least give it a test drive once they are available.

Return to “Kitesurfing”