knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kiting doesn't have to be expensive

Postby knotwindy » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:56 pm

It doesn’t have to be just as a coke habit doesn’t have to be yet addictions tend to get expensive. “If a little is good, more is better”. Gotta up the performance of the gear, bigger van/car, parking passes, plane tickets, vacation rentals, gear for the spouse or other stuff to keep the peace….it adds up faster than we think. So, no it doesn’t have to but it mostly is.😳😂😜
These users thanked the author knotwindy for the post (total 2):
Peter_Frank (Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:30 pm) • loco4viento (Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:23 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

artificialname
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Weight: 100kg
Local Beach: Toronto
Gear: Cabrinha crossbow 11metre, 2012
Ozone Edge 17m, 2015
Pansh Genesis 8m
Bar - HQ4 / Airush

Postby artificialname » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:42 pm

Yes x 100
The only reason I have a quiver is because of Pansh
https://panshkite.com/

It's better than nothing and as long as I'm not comparing a Ferrari (Naish) to a Toyota (Pansh) than it's a "good quality" kite!

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:17 am

knotwindy wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:56 pm
It doesn’t have to be just as a coke habit doesn’t have to be yet addictions tend to get expensive. “If a little is good, more is better”. Gotta up the performance of the gear, bigger van/car, parking passes, plane tickets, vacation rentals, gear for the spouse or other stuff to keep the peace….it adds up faster than we think. So, no it doesn’t have to but it mostly is.😳😂😜
None of this will make anyone better.

Only time on water will.

Craddock
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2022
Weight: 175
Gear: Slingshot fuel
Been thanked: 0

Postby Craddock » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:33 pm

nherbold wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:19 pm
The most expensive part would be the Mystic harness (2014 I think?) at around US$220 at the time.
14M Slingshot Rally (also 2014; with the crappy below the bar trim strap),
Dang!! I am just getting into sport and me and a buddy got two 2010 octanes for $190 a piece. Nice and crispy but very mixed reviews I found out after. I would love to get a deal like that. On here trying to learn. Flew it once just kiting it and letting it slide me across the snow. Going out to a frozen lake tomorrow and try to ride. Then I will able to all the right questions after I discover my struggles

Great deal on the rally! Makes me feel we got screwed. I don’t even know what’s not good about the bar but it’s like new and has an extra line set as well. Spent most of of its life in the bag

Return to “Kitesurfing”