Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Kiteforum needs your support!

Postby Toby » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:00 pm

Kiteforum is a great source for the sport. Over the years it helped so many people with useful information and tips to ride better, help with gear or to be safer.

I am sure it saved some lives with all the knowledge people posted on here.

Search engines always find answers in forums to your questions, of any kind.

Since times are not getting easier, kiteforum needs your help to keep going.

Although it gets some support from the industry, which I highly appreciate and hope you do too by supporting the kiteforum supporters, it’s hard to make a living from it.

I read requests before from users who are thankful for what the site offers, some because they use ad blockers etc, now it’s the right time to support it and to keep it going.

In many other areas of service many give up to 30% of tip, even now after the pandemic to keep things going.
So if you are happy with what the forum offers you, please donate or tip something, your help is highly appreciated…and needed.

Easiest way is to donate via PayPal: info@kiteforum.com

Direct link:
https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_b ... RWJBU7B258

Make sure to choose Family & Friends, otherwise Paypal keeps a lot for fees :roll:

If you don’t have PayPal you can always contact me to find alternatives for your support (bank transfer or Pix)

Pix: info@kitechat.com

Now on Buymeacoffee :thumb:

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/kiteforumcom

Thanks a lot for your support, and I hope to keep the site alive for many more years to come!

++++++++

Looks like I can’t send a thank you message via paypal, I will do it here:

Thank you everyone listed below for your support 🙏
Highly appreciated and truly thankful!

Florian W.
James M.
Robert v. L.
Evan J.
Markus O.
Daniel Z.
Arne M.
Christian Z.
Chris D.
Niels T.
Clayton B.
Baptiste B.
David S.
Karol K.
Andrew R.
Kevin T.
Oleksandr P.
Ben G.
Stephen B.
Serge P.
Leon v. B.
Jeroen H.
Rick I.
Gerwin H.
Andrei G.
Keneth H.
Mathias B.
Chris G.
Gary S.
Glory
Yorck O. S.
Michael A.
Flying Grandpa
Jacob M.
Emre A.
Oldman_dave
May W.
Grigory B.
Juan S.
CaptainKooK
Gaetano C.
Stijn B.
Cornelis K.
Deepa E.
Rasmus L.
Knotwindy
Peter P.
Lauri V.
Alexander A.
Barry R.
Alexander B.
Joop
Michael V.
Ventum
Jacopo S.

jonsnowman
Rare Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Currently:
North Orbit 8,9,10
North Reach 3,5,7,9,12
Atmos Carbon 138
Prime 152
Trace 155
North Cross
North Sonar foils sets (2x)

Before:
Naish Helix, Cult, Alliance, Bolt, Torch, Park, Draft, Dash, Pivot, Triad, Phoenix. Rode Naish (since Helix era) before switching to North in 2020.
Brand Affiliation: North & Naish
Has thanked: 0

Re: Kiteforum needs your support!

Postby jonsnowman » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:27 pm

Would make a suggestion to clarify a bit how much funds are needed to keep this going on yearly basis. Also make it transparent. There are plenty of services/webpages that allow you to do that and make it easy to donate/give and also see the coffers filling. I'm sure the community can contribute to keep this website going for the end of time.

How much does it cost to keep this site alive?
1) 1 month
2) 1 year

How much funding is needed right now (or in the near future)?

I personally don't have a paypal, so need to tap into the alternative payment method. Would love if there was some easy to access service via which I can put in my card details, make the payment(s) or make it a subscription based payment. Like the PortalKite made https://portraitkite.com/ - they have annual and monthly subscription. Kiteforum probably wouldn't work behind a paywall, but the point was to make the payment easy/painless. So there is no need to jump through 10 hoops to get the money across.

Also I think transparency goes a long way on getting the funding quickly. Then people know how much is needed, where it is going and so on.

Just my 5 cents :-D

FLandOBX
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 81 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
Style: Freeride, Airstyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cab. Apollos, Cab. Contra One-Struts, FS Speed 4, FS Souls, Axis Ltd 132, RRD Poison 135, SS Ankle Biter, Moses 633, 679 & 590, SS Dwarfcraft 100cm, LF Galaxy 4'2"
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby FLandOBX » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:50 pm

Donation sent via PayPal.

I use Kite Forum every day. It's a valuable part of my kiteboarding life. Thanks, Toby. :thumb:

mati
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 75
Favorite Beaches: Woodman Point
Style: Big air/Wakestyle/Foil
Gear: -

Postby mati » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:03 pm

jonsnowman wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:27 pm
Would make a suggestion to clarify a bit how much funds are needed to keep this going on yearly basis. Also make it transparent. There are plenty of services/webpages that allow you to do that and make it easy to donate/give and also see the coffers filling. I'm sure the community can contribute to keep this website going for the end of time.

1) 1 month
2) 1 year

I personally don't have a paypal, so need to tap into the alternative payment method. Would love if there was some easy to access service via which I can put in my card details, make the payment(s) or make it a subscription based payment. Like the PortalKite made https://portraitkite.com/ - they have annual and monthly subscription. Kiteforum probably wouldn't work behind a paywall, but the point was to make the payment easy/painless. So there is no need to jump through 10 hoops to get the money across.

Also I think transparency goes a long way on getting the funding quickly. Then people know how much is needed, where it is going and so on.

I second this

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:05 pm

FLandOBX wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:50 pm
Donation sent via PayPal.

I use Kite Forum every day. It's a valuable part of my kiteboarding life. Thanks, Toby. :thumb:
Just received it, thanks sooo much 🙏

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:06 pm

jonsnowman wrote:

1) 1 month
2) 1 year

Thank you, I will look into this asap!

Greenturtle
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Presque Isle, Erie PA
Favorite Beaches: Bahamian Cays
Gear: Edge 19, Flite 17, 14.5, 12, 10, 8, Cloud 13.4, 10.4, 8, 6.2, 3.7
Tons of boards for water, land, and snow

Postby Greenturtle » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:18 pm

Paypal donation sent. Thank you Toby.
This has been a very valuable resource over the years.
I can’t imagine an internet without kiteforum.
Lets keep Kiteforum slicing through the chop and up in the air where it belongs :)

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:54 am

Done. Thanks for all your effort. Valuable info on here from one end of the Earth to the other, and DownUnder :)

jyka
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 85
Local Beach: laru
Style: freestyle
Gear: mixed set

Postby jyka » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:22 am

jonsnowman wrote:

1) 1 month
2) 1 year

This. Would be nice to know how much money is needed to keep this running and are there any other money sources - and then how much is missing from the budget

ffoil
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 185
Local Beach: Penfield Beach, CT
Favorite Beaches: Connecticut, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Long Island, Cape Code, Block Island, Cabarete, Antigua, Barbuda, Anegada, Puerto Rico
Style: Freeride TT & Foil
Gear: Cabrinha Switchblade, Contra, Contra 1s, Liquid Force Envy
CrazyFly Raptor LTD 140x42
Ocean Rodeo Mako 150
Orao Surf Kite 500
CrazyFly Chill 135cm
CrazyFly F-Lite 99cm
Lift Foil Classic 170, Classic 110, Classic 200

Postby ffoil » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:10 pm

Donation sent....thanks for maintaining the site. Love it!

Can you make this post sticky so that it's always at the top? People can easily send a few of their favorite local currency to keep such a valuable resource running.

Return to “Kitesurfing”