Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ruben left Ozone

Forum for kitesurfers
a99
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1040
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:10 am
Kiting since: 2013
Gear: North, SabMoses, Flysurfer, Liquid Force, Blade, Xenon.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 546 times
Been thanked: 124 times

Re: Ruben left Ozone

Postby a99 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:46 pm

Having in mind his age and his surguries it is most logical not to ride hard now and save the legs. There is no point to be in his situation brand rider and stress his legs again as surgeries costs much more than brand rider salary. there is a lot of activities which he can develop as well known rider - judge, clinics, independent reviews of kites and etc, plus he is DJing.

Matty V
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:24 pm
Kiting since: 1998
Gear: Home made
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Ruben left Ozone

Postby Matty V » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:58 pm

Now all the brands just get free publicity from him riding whatever he wants now he is a shop rider

Saves any of them a salary. As long as he can make up the loss of brand money from whatever the shop pay him and click revenue I guess it works

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:49 am
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 270 times
Been thanked: 317 times

Re: Ruben left Ozone

Postby knotwindy » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:02 pm

Unless he writes up a less than stellar review which he is now free to do, which team riders, of course, can not do.

a99
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1040
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:10 am
Kiting since: 2013
Gear: North, SabMoses, Flysurfer, Liquid Force, Blade, Xenon.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 546 times
Been thanked: 124 times

Re: Ruben left Ozone

Postby a99 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:21 pm

sad but kiting world on income possibilities is very limited, it's hard to achieve even 100K in youtube views. In general it is very limited niche sport. But in other way (not incomes) it is good that it is niche sport and you can't see thousands of kites in very water spot.

Matty V
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:24 pm
Kiting since: 1998
Gear: Home made
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Ruben left Ozone

Postby Matty V » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:05 am

knotwindy wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:02 pm
Unless he writes up a less than stellar review which he is now free to do, which team riders, of course, can not do.
He won’t be writing any shit reviews for a company that’s paying him to ride for them and his source of income is selling the Kites that Ruben will be reviewing

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:49 am
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 270 times
Been thanked: 317 times

Re: Ruben left Ozone

Postby knotwindy » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:19 pm

Matty V wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:05 am
knotwindy wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:02 pm
Unless he writes up a less than stellar review which he is now free to do, which team riders, of course, can not do.
He won’t be writing any shit reviews for a company that’s paying him to ride for them and his source of income is selling the Kites that Ruben will be reviewing
I never said shit review, just less than great. You can usually tell when someone likes what they are discussing or are just going through the motions. Also, it’s nice that you already know what he is going to do/say. Maybe you should be his agent? :bye:

User avatar
Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 50099
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.
Location: World (KF Admin)
Has thanked: 802 times
Been thanked: 2309 times
Contact:

Re: Ruben left Ozone

Postby Toby » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:36 pm

Working for a shop he will review the kites the shop is selling.

So don’t expect bad reviews. Ok the other side kites are all good nowadays, so expect little differences. Let’s hope he clearly will say a kite is better or worse for loops the way he really thinks about a kite.
These users thanked the author Toby for the post:
Matty V (Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:51 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Matty V
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:24 pm
Kiting since: 1998
Gear: Home made
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Ruben left Ozone

Postby Matty V » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:54 pm

knotwindy wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:19 pm
Matty V wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:05 am
knotwindy wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:02 pm
Unless he writes up a less than stellar review which he is now free to do, which team riders, of course, can not do.
He won’t be writing any shit reviews for a company that’s paying him to ride for them and his source of income is selling the Kites that Ruben will be reviewing
I never said shit review, just less than great. You can usually tell when someone likes what they are discussing or are just going through the motions. Also, it’s nice that you already know what he is going to do/say. Maybe you should be his agent? :bye:
Oh come on. Be realistic about it and his situation he won’t bite the hand that feeds him.

He won’t doing anything that jeopardises the sales of any of the brands that Kitemana sell or distribute.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Breze, Google [Bot], grenadines, Guttorm, HALF, Kite Flyer, KVL, mati, Mellowyellow, rnelias, Shivix, Sun, Thorick, Yahoo [Bot] and 110 guests