Weight: 77
Local Beach: Hong Kong
Gear: Xride board + core kites
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cabrinha Warranty Flaws

Postby balo000 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:13 am

I have recently purchased Cabrinha Moto kites. I have had issues with the bar showing minor finishing material defects out of the box, and bigger problems with one of the kites - leaking valves, bursted leading edge and bladder with apparent no reason... It has been really hard to get any response from Cabrinha/Adventure Sports Inc. so far, the first of my requests sent more than one month ago ! The retailer from which I purchase KOW has been very responsive and trying to help, but something is really wrong with Cabrinha warranty claims system....They have not to got a response from Cabrinha either ! Anyone has had a similar experience , or could point out how to reach them besides the channels indicated on their website?

Rickshawjimmy
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 80kg
Local Beach: Tarifa, spain
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa, Cumbuco, Cape Town
Style: freestyle
Gear: Mixture of different gear

Re: Cabrinha Warranty Flaws

Postby Rickshawjimmy » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:30 am

Your dealer will be working with the UK distributor on this. Cab have a customer services account on kite forum also I think, I've seen them reach out directly on here so I'm sure they will reach out direct when they see this and help get your problem fixed. Good news is you bought through a reputable official retailer so you should get it sorted soon.

balo000
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 77
Local Beach: Hong Kong
Gear: Xride board + core kites
Been thanked: 0

Postby balo000 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:14 am

What is really going on with Cabrinha customer service ????
This is an update on my ordeal :
On Jan 18 I finally get an email from Cabrinha .
Yes . It seems they read this forum . But they don’t care about their customers who write to them directly asking for support . I feel so disrespected by this brand . Since their email I have follow up countless times . I get zero return ! Shame on Cabrinha .
From here , I will either expected to be treated decently and have my problems finally solved, or I will start considering getting rid of all Cabrinha equipment and become an ambassador for convincing kiters not to get in the same troubles I m getting ….
Wow ! I never expected this will be so bad !
Last edited by balo000 on Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

CaptainKook
Medium Poster
Style: Freeride, Surf
Gear: 7, 9, 12

Postby CaptainKook » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:12 am

You purchased the goods from KOW. Your legal contract is with KOW.

If the goods are defective or faulty and not fit for purpose then KOW are legally bound to replace or refund your faulty goods, provided the defects are manufacturing and not caused by the user.

KOW have a legal duty to replace or refund you, not Cabrinha.

ffoil
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 185
Local Beach: Penfield Beach, CT
Favorite Beaches: Connecticut, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Long Island, Cape Code, Block Island, Cabarete, Antigua, Barbuda, Anegada, Puerto Rico
Style: Freeride TT & Foil
Gear: Cabrinha Switchblade, Contra, Contra 1s, Liquid Force Envy
CrazyFly Raptor LTD 140x42
Ocean Rodeo Mako 150
Orao Surf Kite 500
CrazyFly Chill 135cm
CrazyFly F-Lite 99cm
Lift Foil Classic 170, Classic 110, Classic 200

Postby ffoil » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:07 pm

CaptainKook wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:12 am
You purchased the goods from KOW. Your legal contract is with KOW.

If the goods are defective or faulty and not fit for purpose then KOW are legally bound to replace or refund your faulty goods, provided the defects are manufacturing and not caused by the user.

KOW have a legal duty to replace or refund you, not Cabrinha.
Is this true? I know Cabrinha Warranty claims are to be processed through their dealer network, but ultimately Cabrinha is the one who warranties their products. Their warranty details (link below) do not stipulate that you must process the claim through the original retailer, only that you need to show proof of purchase through an authorized retailer. Someone from my local kite crew had an issue with a recently purchased Cabrinha bar but the retailer he purchased from was no longer carrying Cabrinha. He went straight through Adventure Sports and had a very fast turnaround for his warranty claim which was handled by Adventure Sports (i.e. Cabrinha) directly.

https://www.cabrinha.com/pages/warranty

Is their a different UK law that would apply to KOW which would supersede the warranty?

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Postby kitexpert » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:33 pm

balo000 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:13 am
I have recently purchased Cabrinha Moto kites. I have had issues .... bursted leading edge and bladder with apparent no reason...
Let me guess: it is a "Lite Frame kite, which uses High Tenacity Dacron Lite for the leading edge and struts"?

Matty V
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Gear: Home made

Postby Matty V » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:03 pm

The responsibilities outlined above are true. Your contract is with the store that you bought it from not with the manufacturer. They have a contract with the manufacturer because they bought the product from them.

If a fault is there under warranty and the kit is to be replaced. It is the store that is replacing it. The store are either issued a credit with the manufacturer or replacement product from the manufacturer to replace the one the store gave to you is the way of remedying it.

At no point, should anyone expect to be getting on the phone with the head of the warranty department of any of the brands, unless that is the manufacturer business model.

Running to social media is also the fastest way to get on everybody’s shit list and ensure that the process takes far longer than it needs to.

Return to “Kitesurfing”