Forum for kitesurfers
Samee
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Reviews on Duotone Evo

Postby Samee » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:22 pm

Hi All, I'm about to purchase a set of Duotone Evo, different sizes for my travels, I rode slingshot RPM and Cabrinha in the past and first try with Duotone. I selected this model because its less expensive than others (so I can buy 2 sizes) and easy to travel with (3 strides) but would like to hear from more experienced riders if they agree with the brand.
I'm an intermediate rider, looking for jumps, no loops or anything like that yet but just cruising and jumping, and trying to get into surf boards. Only kite about 10-30 sessions a year during travels. Do you think a duotone Evo is a good choice to get a 9 and 12. Thanks in advance

Sun
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tybee Island
Favorite Beaches: Cape Town, Cumbuco
Gear: 12m, 10m, 8m Dice SLS
6m Dice (2017)
Reedin Dreamstick X
Reedin Kev Pro 136 board w/ North Straps
Nobile XTR LW board
12m Hyperlink for LW
Mystic MajesticX Hardshell

Re: Reviews on Duotone Evo

Postby Sun » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:51 am

Firstly, those a great sizes for riding wind from about 15- 25 knots, and up to 30 knots once you get more experience with the 9m. Good choice.

Secondly, where are you located? Nothing at all wrong with the Evo, but the Naish Picot is another equally great kite that is usually available for significantly cheaper.

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:39 am

The Evo will be perfect for your goals. It’s not bad in the waves too. It’s happiest when cruising around, doing some airs and tricks. Nothing technical. Eventually you may want a kite that’s more tuned to your riding style. Time will tell. :thumb:
I’m about 70kgs (155lbs). I used to kite the Evo in a 6, 8, and 11m on a 132cm twintip. Most I know use a 7, 9, and 12m quiver.

nixmatters
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Style: freeride. started foiling, not there yet
Gear: mostly custom made
Brand Affiliation: None currently

Postby nixmatters » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:04 am

did you try the search function? :roll:

There are 45 topic titles containing 'duotone evo'
search.php?keywords=duotone+evo&terms=a ... mit=Search
Attachments
dt evo search.JPG
dt evo search.JPG (87.91 KiB) Viewed 679 times
These users thanked the author nixmatters for the post (total 4):
SolarSet (Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:13 am) • rw30 (Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:33 am) • Vivo3d (Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:00 pm) • Leon van Bergen (Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:13 pm)
Rating: 12.12%

Samee
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Samee » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:20 pm

Da Yoda wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:39 am
The Evo will be perfect for your goals. It’s not bad in the waves too. It’s happiest when cruising around, doing some airs and tricks. Nothing technical. Eventually you may want a kite that’s more tuned to your riding style. Time will tell. :thumb:
I’m about 70kgs (155lbs). I used to kite the Evo in a 6, 8, and 11m on a 132cm twintip. Most I know use a 7, 9, and 12m quiver.
Thanks for the info, many have recommended the noise pivot as they are significantly cheaper. Have you tried those/compared them

mplamplampla
Medium Poster
Gear: Switch 9m

Postby mplamplampla » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:59 pm

Samee wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:20 pm

Thanks for the info, many have recommended the noise pivot as they are significantly cheaper. Have you tried those/compared them
Yes, I have tried them , they are going to be also perfect for you. If they are cheaper get these and not the Evo. Basically st your level get the best offer for a three strut all around kite from any brand. You won't be able to tell the difference and they will all cover you

PusherII
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: ostia beach
Favorite Beaches: El Portillo, Las Terranas
Style: Free Ride
Gear: Core XR5

Postby PusherII » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:22 pm

Cant go wrong with evos, i am Happy holder of evos SLS

But It seem for what you ask to a kite, you can go and catch some big deal out there. Naish Is selling a ridicoulus price the pivot, that is One of the best kite ever in the market

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:50 pm

Samee wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:20 pm
I've not had a chance to demo a Naish anything. They don't have much of a presence where I kite. Core, Duotone, and North are the dominate brands. F-One's US distribution is located in Nor CA, so I see their kites as well. I've only demo'ed Duotone, North, Elevate, and Core.
I think you'll be happy on the Pivot. Like others have stated, it's essentially the same kite for what you're looking for. Almost every big name brand has a "Evo" type kite in their line-up. North, Core, Elevate are just a few. Some newer gen kites have front bridle adjustments to tune them to the riding you're focused on for the day (e.g.Core).

Return to “Kitesurfing”