Kiting since: 2013
Style: Big Air, Airstyle
Gear: 2020 Rebels
23/24 Orbits

Re: Nash pivot compared to north reach

Postby Blackened » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:23 am

tazzpowerup wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:58 pm
I have a 12m and 9m north reach now I like these but want something for higher winds thinking maybe a 7 or 8 m Nash pivot.
May be better than reach at that size. Has anyone flow these kites if so please tell how they compare.
Also does 8 or 9 m pivot fit best with 9 m reach.
Is there any particular reason you prefer the Pivot over the Reach for your smallest size? If it's just cost than go for your life. They're similar and great kites. Personally, I think the Reach is better in 10m+ sizes (because of better bottom end) and Pivot in the 8m and below (because of better high end). They're both awesome 9m.

As for sizing, we'd probably need a little more info on your weight and projected wind conditions. Most people with the 12/9 combo tend to go for the 7m as the smallest. If you're over 80kg and only plan to ride in up to 35kn, you might want to consider an 8m instead of the 7m.
These users thanked the author Blackened for the post:
tazzpowerup (Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:20 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”