Forum for kitesurfers
Louis Cypher
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Louis Cypher » Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:43 am

Hi guys,

i'm thinking of buying Cabrinha Kites 2003(Black Tip). Has anybody tested them yet?
Thanks a lot,

Louis

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 25, 2002 2:49 pm

forget it!!!!!!!!!!

Louis Cypher
Medium Poster

Postby Louis Cypher » Fri Oct 25, 2002 3:04 pm

?????

The kites? Or to get test-results???

Thanks,

Louis

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Duotone, Flysurfer, Alpine

Postby cglazier » Fri Oct 25, 2002 3:07 pm

I know nothing about these kites.

But I bothers me when someone posts a brief anonymous message with no explanation. Has this poster ever tried or even seen these kites?

Please, we would all appreciate any useful information along with an explanation of how you formed your opinion.

Chris G

Wolfgang
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Germany, flying GK Sonic 11+8, riding F-One Sk8 35 / Trax 39, Spleene Door 42

Postby Wolfgang » Fri Oct 25, 2002 4:05 pm

There will be a Cabrinha 2003 presentation in Cologne this Saturday, and a testing opportunity in Holland on Sunday (if the wind won't get crazy) - for more info see kitesurfing-kiel.de

Louis Cypher
Medium Poster

Postby Louis Cypher » Fri Oct 25, 2002 4:14 pm

Thanks a lot Wolfgang. We will see, what the guys will tell us about those kites. Sadly I can't be at the tests myself.

Greeetzzzzz,

Louis

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 25, 2002 7:38 pm

The new Black tip 2003 hopefully will be good. I think a big company as cabrinha should be able to pay designers good money for good design and testing. They change the kite 100% so the new blacktip will be a new kite. It may be good or it may be as the 2002

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 25, 2002 9:15 pm

I'm an average rider, who rides a 2002, 12.2 Cabrinha BT, and I love it. It is a wonderful kite, very efficient and resistant.
I wonder why is it that in every forum I visit, there is always some anonymous writer talking shit about Cabrinha kites.
Is there any kind of campaign going on, or something??
Almost every person I talk to, who rides one is very happy with it too, and I’ve met a lot of owners.
It seems that there is a big difference between what real users say, and what anonymous posts say on forums.
Does any other Cabrinha user have the same feeling?
Thank you.

jed
Medium Poster

Postby jed » Fri Oct 25, 2002 9:41 pm

First off, why are you posting anonymously????? if you have an opinion, put your name to it.

secondly I'm also an intermdiate kitesurfer. I have one Air Blast and one black tip.

The balck tip is as strong as steel but with all that extra reinforcement adding weight you really feel the slowness particularly in the bigger sizes and lighter wind speeds (my opinion).

The Air Blast is really light in comparison, flys amazingly well, but, I would hate to fly it regularly from anything other than a perfect sand beach cos i don't think it would last the pace.

fine if you plan to change you kite each year, but personally i expect a little more life span than that, again (my opinion).

Luckly we have good access to long and wide sany beaches in ireland so i think its wipika from now on for me.

but if i was flying in the canaries off lave beaches or similar it would be black tip all the way.

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 25, 2002 10:48 pm

I wonder why is it that in every forum I visit, there is always some anonymous writer talking shit about Cabrinha kites.
Is there any kind of campaign going on, or something??
Because they screwed thousands of owners in 2001 with leaky bladders. Now they have thousands of pissed off people out there.

Almost every person I talk to, who rides....
Ah, but those who "ride them" have a vested interest in liking what they own. Those who demoed other brands, knew they were sub-par kites.

Return to “Kitesurfing”