Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Why is it Called 'Chicken Loop'?

Forum for kitesurfers
Blow Me
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Blow Me » Sun Oct 27, 2002 1:26 pm

Why is it called the 'Chicken Loop' if when its hooked in, the kite is Fully Powered?

Just Wondering.

Cheers.

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dwight » Sun Oct 27, 2002 1:56 pm

When you hook into the chicken loop you REDUCE power, thus you are a chicken. If you can ride the fixed loop, you are a real man. That's the Maui attitude that gave the loop it's name.

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby murdoc » Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:01 pm

yeh.

riding chickenloop is cheating on the power.

bennyh
Medium Poster

Postby bennyh » Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:10 pm

sounds like Hawaiians are agro, egotistical people. They obviously don't ride winds that gust up and down a ten knot range then!

What about the surf localism as well. Is there kite localism going on there too?

Blow Me
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Blow Me » Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:15 pm

I'm mixed then. The Chicken loop is the 'DePower' Right?

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:19 pm

Exactly. 'Chicken loop' = Depower loop.

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:25 pm

The winds on Maui gust much more than a ten knot range! Some days are relatively steady and some days are so gusty that it takes the fun out of it - around two days a week in Summer. Like 10 to 40 knots. And on top of that, a given wind speed just feels stronger on Maui than on the mainland.

Blow Me
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Blow Me » Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:47 pm

Got It.

:wink:

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:15 pm

Hawiians have no exclusive on being thick,(see bennyh post above) almost 70% of kiters are troubled by this affiction, thats how the chiken loop got its name!!!!!! Busted Big Time Thickys, you all gotum but like to disum. HHEHEHEHEHEHE, I am proud to be in control of my kite I ride my trim loop! You fixed line rides talk about feel, what feel? the feel of being stuck? Read the "style or huck post", BUSTED BIG TIME, gross moves by clumsey riders, a little too powered a little forced, a little too macho, HEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!! you indorse biggest/mostessed style and then dis the result!!!! I see a trend here, do you????? HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!! UGOTALOVIT. IM friggin fallin down laughin, I knew this had to happen >>>BUSTED<<<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fokiten on 2002-10-27 17:36 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:44 pm

not that i am as influential as those gifted and beloved maui riders but i have a trend of my own. since we call the sheeting loop by its wrong name i also call the static loop by my own name too. mostly the idiot loop. but also fitting and comes to mind is ignorance loop, machoman loop, gorilla loop, dumbfuck loop, and lightwind loop. why would you want to have to muscle a kite that will work just as well or even better by using the chicken loop and a bit more control and finess? get over the machoman bs and ride whatever way feels good to you. you have nothing to prove to anyone.

Return to “Kitesurfing”