Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Hands on -- Aero2 vs Aero??

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 10, 2002 10:39 pm

Anyone having fun with the new Aero2??
Real improvements?
Is it worth paying extra from Aero to Aero2.

I need hands-on advice.

Thanks
j

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 10, 2002 11:04 pm

In replacement of my Aero1 12m2,I have been using my new Areo2 12m2 twice so far.
What I can say is that it is now a X2 replica, with slightly lower AR than X2, but it is very closed.
You can jump big and floatyyyyyy...
Turnability is improved, there is 3 backlines positions and it is recommended to use the slowest one!
Shape, construction and tuning are similar to X2, this means that it has to be riden with slack backlines, do not oversheet the kite otherwise you kill the pull.
Aero 2 is IMO intended for more advanced riders than version 1.
It is great for the riders who have used version 1 last year, they can go to version 2 this year and find a kite more suited to their increased skills. For this reason I don't recommend it to beginners.
Very good job!

Bengan
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Bengan » Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:05 pm

Hi,

Everything is different, AR, turning, material, construction, tunability, bar, lines, safety system etc...

All these improvements are very noticable in the kites performance overall.

If it's worth paying extra for a 2003 Aero II compared to the old one??? It's up to the rider, the old Aero is still a nice kite with excellent performance enough for many average kiters and it's definately better for 4 Line starters.

My 4.2 cents worth.

Bengan

Stefan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ft. Stevens, Newport, The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Ft Stevens, Florence
Style: Wave, Foil
Gear: North Mono's, LP Foils, North Pacific Customs

Postby Stefan » Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:19 pm

Aero 2 has less low end, flies to the edge of the window faster, but your still able to park it further back than the X2 and not have it race to the edge of the window in gusty conditions. This years Aero has more immediate pop but not as much top range as Aero 2. The Aero 2 has best of X2 and this years Aero in terms of stability, speed and lift. I know alot of X2 guy's that are switching to this kite. Hope that helps

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:15 pm

I am thinking of buying an 8 metre aero11 for strong winds. Yet I have heard that for really strong winds you do not want a kite that turns too fast, yet I have heard that the aero 11 is a very fast turner. Will the various attatchment points enable you to really slow it down and how is the top end comparable to other kites.

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:49 am

I'm also an X2 guy that is going AERO II.... funny thing is that I'll have all 3 kite types.... 2002 AERO, X2 and 2003 AERO.

I don't think the 8m AERO will be too fast in that slow setting.... if so then I'll need a microbar... but no problem if that's the case....

Stability... VERY IMPORTANT IN THOSE WINDS!!

BLOWN AWAY

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:51 am

If stability wasn't an issue... then I'd keep my 7.5m AR5....

BLOWN AWAY

Return to “Kitesurfing”