7m Flysurfer Kites?

Forum for kitesurfers
kj
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kj » Mon Dec 30, 2002 7:44 pm

I've been looking around the forums at all the info posted and its great - keep it coming! I'll contribute the best I can...
On to the topic, though. I'm looking for a 20/25+ knot FS kite [I like FS etc, etc].
The options available to me are:
6.5 Psycho [not a peep in the reviews]
7 Warrior, fitted with WAC http://www.kitesyndikat.de/Service.htm

What would your advice be?
Should I go for the 6.5 or is the extra money spent on a new 7m Warrior with WAC worth it?
The WAC Warrior 7 review http://home.arcor.de/foilshop/html/testwacwarrior7.html was very tantalising, but how does the 6.5 behave? I already have a 12.5 and a 9 is a bit of a waste for me. I also weigh about 65kg.
Thanks for the advice!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kj on 2002-12-30 19:45 ]</font>

RC-Kiter
Frequent Poster

Postby RC-Kiter » Mon Dec 30, 2002 11:14 pm

It would depend on your skill level, and what kite you already own. (A Psycho or a Warrior)

The warrior 7 is more stable and with the wac system a perfect high wind kite for 80% of the people. Fast, predictable and enough lift and still very easy too handle.

The psycho has more lift and is a bit faster, it has tremendous range, a fellow kiter will send me a impression of the 6.5m soon, I will post it here if I receive it.

Nukin
Frequent Poster

Postby Nukin » Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:37 am

I used to have a 7m warrior. I weigh about 175 and when it blew 30, it was a handful. The 6.5 psycho has no given upper wind range, but from what i have heard, it could easily go 35-40 with the 4-1 depower. I have one, but have not used it yet. When I do, will give a report.

kj
Rare Poster

Postby kj » Tue Dec 31, 2002 8:56 am

RC-Kiter: I have the 12.5 Psycho.

I think I've set my eye on the 6.5 Psycho, but I eagerly await some reviews of the 6.5 before I buy it.

RC-Kiter
Frequent Poster

Postby RC-Kiter » Tue Dec 31, 2002 10:40 am

Hello Kj, I think the Psycho will be more appropriate for you and will have the similar feel. Only if you are a intermidiate rider who rides with much caution in high winds and are not used to it the Warrior 7WAC may be a better choice. When I receive the impression on the 6.5m Psycho I will report back here.

Return to “Kitesurfing”