Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Jan 01, 2003 5:44 pm

have a look at:
http://www.pino.nu/~kitesurf/nphp/news.php

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: toby on 2003-01-01 17:51 ]</font>

jpkiter
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: NJ ( Lakes Bay, Brigantine, Tuckerton)
Favorite Beaches: Lakes Bay,NJ
Brigantine,NJ
Dock St. NJ
Florida Flats, Key West
Gear: Cabrinha kites, Epic kites, BRO-KITE POP 130X 40, HEIN custom boards, AXIS Vanguard+Nuskool, Kokotat drysuits
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jpkiter » Wed Jan 01, 2003 9:40 pm

YaHOOOO! + rock on!...it is so refreshing to see something bout the women kiteboarders!! My Naish AR-5 (size 13.5), i bought used from Sheldon... + it was Julie Prochaska's before that...is it karma?? i'm keeping that kite 4 sure! Cool post Toby..us gals like to rip on the water too!! jane

Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:23 pm

Hi Jane

Cool that you have my old kite! I loved that one! Cool bright colors, if I remember correctly!

Where are you kiting????

Hope to see you on the water someday... it's AWESOME to have women out there!

Happy Kiting!
Much aloha--
Julie P. Gilbert

ccat
Frequent Poster

Postby ccat » Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:46 pm

Is it you Julie P. Gilbert really?!
Nice to meet you!!!
I am still impressed by what I have seen kitesurfwise of you and your husband!
Not that I am up to date with the rankings...actually just heard a lot of good things about you and seen many nice pics.
Congratulations !!!

Adam

jpkiter
Frequent Poster
Brigantine,NJ
Dock St. NJ
Florida Flats, Key West
Gear: Cabrinha kites, Epic kites, BRO-KITE POP 130X 40, HEIN custom boards, AXIS Vanguard+Nuskool, Kokotat drysuits

Postby jpkiter » Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:21 am

Julie,
Hi ...and aloha! I think it is cool too!!
I remember when i bought that kite ....i could not believe my lucky stars!! Your memory is perfect!! It's bright orange, medium red, bit of yellow,white...really nice color arrangement, has "J. PROCHASKA" written down the edge of the wingtip... still flys great!

I'm about 20 miles from Atlantic City, NJ.....lots of nice back bays + miles of ocean to kite in......most of the time i'm at a spot called Lakes Bay, trying to improve my skills cause i'm itching to get into the ocean waves by the end of the summer ....

Welcome to KiteForum!!! This is a real nice surprise hearing from you ( not too mention having one of your kites :thumb: )

Best wishes!! Hope someday to see you on the water!! Jane

Julie Gilbert
Rare Poster

Postby Julie Gilbert » Tue Mar 25, 2003 9:54 am

Hi Jane...and Adam

GREAT to hear from both of you.

Yes, it's me...Julie Gilbert (formerly Prochaska) here.

Nice to hear some happy people on the kite forum. Things get a bit crazy here (on this forum) sometimes, and I haven't even been checking it out all that long!! But when people are nice, it's great!

Jane...I forgot that I wrote my name on that kite!!! Ooops! Sorry! Glad to hear it's still working great!

WAVES...now that's my absolute favorite! I guess I'm pretty spoiled here on Maui, but I love the California coast, too...and I definitely want to make it back to Hatteras... waves or no waves... that place is awesome!

If you make it out here to Maui, let me know...we'll head out to the waves here.

Adam...nice to meet you, too. Thanks for the kind words. Where are you from? Maybe see you on the water somewhere. I'll be traveling some this summer... not sure where yet.

Much aloha
Julie Gilbert
:D

Julie Gilbert
Rare Poster

Postby Julie Gilbert » Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:00 am

Jane

I just saw in one of the previous posts that you go to Hood River every summer. How come we have not met? Chris and I have a house about a 2 minute walk from Bettys!!! ...and we're there every July.

We'll be in Hood River again this summer...for the middle two weeks of July...and probably again in August.

See you there?

...and you are right...it is one of the most beautiful places in the world!

Aloha
Julie

ccat
Frequent Poster

Postby ccat » Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:47 pm

Hello Julie!

Thanks a lot for your kind response!
It would be just wonderful to welcome you and your husband here by the Baltic Sea one day!!!
The last few years I have been coming back to my Polish home town of Sopot and I will be there possibly working with a sailing team this Summer.

There are both pristine hilly landscapes with clean waters as well as moderate towns all along the south-east coast of the Baltic Sea.
Very good food and a modern infrastructure in the towns are standard too.

The sea and lakes here are nicely warm in the Summer and with light to moderate winds this coast is definitely worth of a kitesurfing trip from May throu Oktober. Last year there was enough wind to keep my back sore most of the Summer :)

You will find hundreds of miles of sand beaches to the both sides of the Gulf of Gdansk – ie open sea beaches, bays and lagoons all made of fine sand dated back to the glacier epoch.
The coast here is mostly barrier dunes or high moraines covered with woods, flat beaches and shallow water. As a mediterranean sea it has no dangerous storms, tides or currents to deal with. Still there are good waveriding sites here.

Besides all that a few good sailors live or practice in Tri-City (Gdansk-Sopot-Gdynia) like my skipper Karol Jablonski, an Admiral´s Cup winner.
Somebody like Julie and Chris Gilbert will get a ride on a yacht just like that and sailinging along the coast of the region you may happen to run into the Formula Windsurfing champs Dorota Staszewska and Wojtek Brzozowski relaxing there.

Of course we have an evergrowing bunch of kitesurfers too!
Respect and tolerance reign among the paragliding pilots, windsurfers, kitesurfers and sailors and we have liberal authorities and regulations on top of that.

You can reach Gdansk by plane via Warsaw and some other major European airports.

How do you like that, Julie?

Best Wishes,
Adam

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Tue Mar 25, 2003 9:45 pm

well i'm sold. :thumb:

jpkiter
Frequent Poster
Brigantine,NJ
Dock St. NJ
Florida Flats, Key West

Postby jpkiter » Wed Mar 26, 2003 4:46 am

Hi Julie!
Wow..i probably walked right past your house + never knew it....Usually i stay within walking distance of town.....a few times i was in a studio apt on Sherman St,...last time I stayed at Rob + Laurie Wymore's apt( across from the Full Sail Brewery)....so i walk walk everywhere..(those hills make my shins ache!!) :)

Hoping to be out there again this July or beginning of Aug...plans are tenative, but working hard to make it happen...

Maui + waves..!! Wow. .. I'd like to make that happen too! Thank you for your kind offer ...your on!! ( course i need to improve in a big way)...

Hoping for a fun day on the river!!
best wishes jane

Return to “Kitesurfing”