Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Evrybody copie Takoon slim Tubes ??

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:40 am

Bruno still the best , first the airblast , then skoop I and now skoop ii , other brand just have to keep copi the kite inovations ,easy
Now you know why TAKOON is the best

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Mon Jan 27, 2003 5:27 am

You need to get a life. Bruno may have invented it but it sure advanced a lot faster when others started looking at the possibiulities.

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:50 am

On 2003-01-27 00:40, Anonymous wrote:
Everybody copie Takoon slim tubes
What the hell does that mean??

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:06 am

tubes - LEI's.

Alf
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Alf » Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:10 am

Well, I think he means, that a lot of others are now also making thin tubes like the Skoop has. Main visible difference between the X2 and the X3 is the tubes that have gotten thinner.

But I also agree, that the sport advanced much faster, when competition came.

grtz,
Denis

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:33 am

On 2003-01-27 10:10, Alf wrote:
Well, I think he means, that a lot of others are now also making thin tubes like the Skoop has. Main visible difference between the X2 and the X3 is the tubes that have gotten thinner.
Oh, like last year's North Toro?

Flyboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Flyboy » Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:14 pm

The equipment started advancing quicker when more people started buying kites = money for R&D. Same with the first years of windsurfing: the explosion in the sport started about 10 years after the first windsurfers were built.

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:28 am

Alright, takoonhead, sorry to disappoint you but here is the actual reason behind it:

The reason tubes were thick in the beginning is the guys didn't have access to material which was strong enough to make rigid small tubes. The tubes in those days couldn't be pumped up as hard, so they weren't as small or they would bend too easily and would not have a rigid enough shape.

The reason the tubes are smaller these days (any idiot with half a brain and an aeronautics degree could tell you if you want the kite to travel faster, the leading edge and struts have to be thinner to create less resistance) is because we have materials due to advancements in technology (you heard of the new material called Dacron? which incidentally, Takoon were not the first to use? and I think it was some no namer like Caution or Gastra who used it first?), not some character from Takoon going "hey, i have an idea, lets make thinner leading edges and struts"

You have to love some of the facts pronounced here as "inventions" by particular brands.

Hardcave1
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Out front of my house at Brighton, Brisbane
Favorite Beaches: At home
Style: Old school
Gear: 2001 underground twin tip, 2013 North Rebel
Brand Affiliation: North

Postby Hardcave1 » Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:40 am

I notice the new Takoon skoop has a segmented leading edge. I guess they were the first to do that as well. NOT.
Alex

Alf
Frequent Poster

Postby Alf » Wed Jan 29, 2003 10:13 am

Ohh, stupid bashers.

Last years skoop also had a segmented leading edge.

And the designer of Takoon, a guy named Bruno (rings a bell ????) designed Wipika before that time. And the wipi airblast without dacron also had thin tubes.... Which doesn't mean that I am not happy about North introducing dacron :smile:

And most what you call invention was probably already tried 10 years ago by Bruno.

Whatever you all think, the designer of takoon is the one with most experience :wink:

grtz,
Denis

Return to “Kitesurfing”