Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2003 Black tips

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:37 pm

Yep...agree with Rick, the 2003 BTs are FLYIING machines. Have had a chance to use the 10m,12m,and 14m. All are light, solid, fly close to the window, have very good depower, fast, stable and ...the pop off the water;WOW! And a nice floaty decent. Cabrinha put it ALL together in 2003!

Hernan
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Hernan » Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:43 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Hernan wrote:I have a 10 BT-03. It has good range and lift, fast but predictable, smooth power thru gusts, best contruction I have seen up to date, best loooking.
It is not an easy kite it turns wild but if you like fast kites this is very well balanced.
The BT flies very nice. But if you say that it is the best construction up to date, than you didn't see many kites yet. I repair kites and i love the BT because it brings me a lot of work and money. They have nice colors and designs but they still have to take care of some issues with the construction.
OK, perhaps I must said "best finished". They look very good. There are many BTs at our local spot and they haven't any problems yet.

BT Repairs ? YES, I Confirm.

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:24 pm

Had to have my 9.4 BT (2002) repaired at the wingtips (at the point where the carbon batten touches the LE), where there was considerable "Wear & Tear" due to friction problem (3 sessions and the inner tube could be seen through the LE) !

Have & FRIEND WITH THE SAME PROBLEM ON 2 Cabrinha "CO2" kites...

Ernie.

jorgen719
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jorgen719 » Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:27 pm

I dont know how people get all their problems! I have had a BT 2002 and a Co2 2002 and I havent had any problems!!!! :D Do anyone of you guys pictores of the broken BT and CO2?? If you have so sendt it too me else I wouldent beleve you! :-?

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:32 pm

I think if you kite one to two time a week than a Cabrinha kite is good for you. It perform very good and has a lot of colors. It will be problably cheaper too compare to the other brands. If you are going to use your kite more than five times a week, than I'll go for another brand. Cabrinha is not as durable as North, Slingshot, Naish, F-one, Airrush or RRD. All will outlast the cabrinha. Yes the 2003 model too. :o

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:45 pm

jorgen719 wrote:I dont know how people get all their problems! I have had a BT 2002 and a Co2 2002 and I havent had any problems!!!! :D Do anyone of you guys pictores of the broken BT and CO2?? If you have so sendt it too me else I wouldent beleve you! :-?
I have tons of pictures. I need to picture the repair so Cabrinha will pay the dealer the repair and the dealer will pay me. I have a good business going on over here and i don't want exposed it. That will not be nice for the Dealer or me. Cabrinha fly's very good but is medium in durability.

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:21 pm

Well, maybe I'm just lucky,but I don't think so as there are many Cabrinhas were I kite and I'm not seeing problems on those kites either...no more than on Naish, North, Slingshot, etc. I used my '02 Cabrinha's on average 5 days a week for an entire season including trips to Hatteras, Baja and Maui and have had NO problems.

No problems on my 03s either!

Return to “Kitesurfing”