Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Fuerteventura? Flagbeach or Sotavento...?

Forum for kitesurfers
Otg
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fuerteventura? Flagbeach or Sotavento...?

Postby Otg » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:32 pm

Helllo..

Ill be going to Fuerteventura in a few weeks but I cant decide wether to go to Flagbeach (Corralejo) or Sotavento... Anyone familiar with Fuerteventura? Which one has the best winds in March? nicest beach?? All help appreciated-...

Thanks/ Otg :D

Nayone
Frequent Poster

Postby Nayone » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:01 pm

flag... its cross not offshore wind

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:03 am

Flag Beach is my preference. It's near Corralejo, a fun place day or night. Better, less gusty winds. If the wind turns off, a 15-20 minute drive takes you to el Cotillo, which may be blowing.

Sotavento is beautiful but has gusty offshore winds. Definitely worth a visit or two, but I think you'd have more fun kiting in Flag Beach and El Cotillo.

John

jed
Medium Poster

Postby jed » Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:39 am

sotavento is really beautiful, beach as far as the eye can see in both directions of the purest most perfect sand, but the wind usually blows off shore and you will quickly be into deep water. Cotillo is my fav. place to sail, but i know flag is more popular and easier to get to. hire a car and try them all, and definately bring a surf board.

steve_t
Medium Poster

Flag vs Sotavento

Postby steve_t » Sun Feb 16, 2003 4:28 pm

Flag 4 sure - been twice kiting in Sotavento, and Flag - verdict is that Sotavento is way way too gusty, offshore, and can seriously honk (like +30knots - in summer, not sure about now).

Flag is definately more controlled and rideable, with less wind, the only downer is that at times the wind does what it wants (dies down, wait one hour, back up, dies, etc.).

Steve

pitlisa
Frequent Poster

Postby pitlisa » Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:25 am

But about kite traffic: During April + May , are there as many kiters as in summer?

Return to “Kitesurfing”