Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Girlfriends Vs. Kitesurf

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:11 pm

rolltide wrote:the way I see things, a man that loves to kite has got two choices when it comes to having a woman.. you either learn to "romance" em on the no wind days and nights and put up with catching hell on occasion..
option 2 is this here link http://www.fleshlight.com
damn near the real thing and it doesnt bitch.. if it only did the dishes..
my bird refers to kitesurfing as my "other girlfriend" who blows harder than she does..
ROLLTIDE YOU crazy sumbitch! You are taking the cheap way out even on the cheap way. If you are going to go that route, I'd say http://www.realdoll.com is better than a flashlight. :)

Johnny

kGreg
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kGreg » Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:20 pm

I have done the following, with great success until now:

- I just became a kite distributor, so I when I go to the beach on weekends, I tell my girlfriend that it's my job to do so (promotion, customer care, etc.), so we can earn money and feed the children, also...
- I told her that by practicing kiting I will have a more athletic body (needed unfortunately), and that we would also have more sex after each session due to the 'massage of the seat harness' while riding.

My girlfriend (wife in a month) does not kite yet, but she wants to learn it this year. I think she is really interested.

Regards,
kGreg

Rv
Frequent Poster

Postby Rv » Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:14 pm

BLOWN AWAY wrote: My X2 doesn't file for a divorce when I come home with an AERO II.....
HAhahahhaha. Nice one. :lol:

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:09 pm

dump her

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:46 pm

just go kiting and crack one off when you get back if you need to,

misterboog
Rare Poster

girlfriend vs kiteboard

Postby misterboog » Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:20 pm

Im a girl and my boyfriend is going to australia for 8 months to kiteboard and all i do is support him in what he does (even though im afraid he will get hurt)

Anyway if your girl loves you she will understand your situation and have no quams with you going kiteboarding as long as you give her some snuggle 101 in the PM. :lol:

wakeboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby wakeboy » Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:10 pm

i went out and bought my girl a kite, she said that she might as well use it!!! well sort of i perswaded her got her the kite then she liked it and shes learning, good girl!!! As long sa we dont talk kite all day.....that s what my bird complains about guys here in the uk all they seem to do on the brach is talk kite.....yawn.........

Taina Kite
Medium Poster

Postby Taina Kite » Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:57 am

I wrote this once before and I still think that girlfriends And Kitesurfing can co-exist, of course i am a kitesurfer and so is my boyfriend but I believe that if you give her quality time (if you dont feel like giving her the time you might as well dump her) and make her feel special you shouldn't have a problem unless she is a "girly-girl" like Jess said, they tend to be more needy? (no offence)

Good winds
Tai

Jess you rule I agree with you :thumb:

Lenze
Medium Poster

Postby Lenze » Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:02 am

Hi

Really nice thread indeed...

I have a wife (married for six years) and three kids. Ever been on a beach with three small kids (ages 1, 3 and 6)? Not quite relaxing... So taking wife and kids to the beach and letting your wife take care of the kids while you kite is not an option.

Also, my wife takes care of our kids at home. So when I come home from work the last thing she would like to do would be to stay still few hours with the kids while I go kiting. So can't do much evening kiting. Last winter, when there was full moon, we went a couple of times snowkiting at night after 10pm.

On weekends then.. Well, that's what she waits for the whole week - to be with me and our kids. And of course she wants me to be with my kids as well. So if I go somewhere and take a kid, two or all of them with me, then no problem. But if I want to go somewhere alone, without kids, (like going kiting) that is a problem - she gets an impression that I don't want to be with my kids - or with her. I've done it a couple of times, but since there are not really good spots near where I live, a short kiting session always takes from four to five hours. It's almost as long as a working day. So for her, it is then not a weekend anymore, it's another working day since she is doing just the same thing she does every working day...

As my wife spends so much time at home with the kids, she doesn't have many friends. Also her mother, even though she lives only few kms from us, is quite selfish woman and doesn't give a hand to help her during weeks.

It's been over month since I've been kiting... :( On winter it was easier, could go kiting on lunch hours since getting ready for snowkiting is so fast, drive to nearest beach from your work - which takes five minutes - get your stuff out from the car, walk to the ice, set up your foil kite and go! As I worked through four lunch hours in a week, I could take one 2 anda half hours lunch hour once a week... But for kitesurfing 2,5 hours is not enough.

Working solutions this far: not many. But if I give _enough_ attention to my wife and specially to my kids during week and on no-wind weekends my chances to go kiting when it blows are much greater. Johnny's advice of 'treating her like a princess' is the way to go, really. But I have to give extra attention to my whole family, including kids too. Of course I have to arrange some time to spend just with my wife - it is important even though I wasn't kiting.

Also, I've tried to "set up" occasions where my wife could meet new people. Specially other women with kids and who are preferrably also taking care of the kids at home. Then they can meet during week and help each other. That way the weeks won't become so heavy for my wife and it's easier to get some free time on weekends.

Next Monday we're going to have a vacation at Cyprus. Me, my wife and our youngest kid. Our oldest kid is going fishing with my father on his summer home. And our three year old is going to my wife's mother for the week. It will be a great time with just one kid and my wife. We will have plenty of time for us two. But I will also go kiting during our vacation, but only couple of times. I already promised her that I'll only go for two sessions. It's not much, but it's at least something!

Summa summarum.. You can't have it all - happy wife, happy kids, happy boss and plenty of time for kiting. When focusing on some of those, others will always suffer. Life is constant balancing and trying to find the perfect formula to keep everybody happy.

This is because I want to have my wife who I love very much. I want to have my kids who I love very much. I want to have my job not because I love it but to get money to support my family and my kiting. And I want to kite which I love very much. To have them all there's a price to pay. And I'm willing to pay the price.

Also I keep my sight focused in the future. It won't be long until the kids grow older and don't require as much care as now. My wife will eventually return to work (which will then bring new problems in this soup). Eventually I will for sure have more time for kiting. But when that happens I don't want to feel sorry for not have been with my kids when they were young or feel sorry because my wife has divorced. I still want to have this all at that time.

_____
Lenze

Windwarrior
Rare Poster

Postby Windwarrior » Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:43 am

Hi folks!
I`m a lucky one, because my GF is addicted to kitesurfing nearly as much as I am. A good session together is truly nice and afterwards we laugh about the slams and good waves we had. But this is were the trouble starts.... Teaching your GF kitesurfing can be very, hmmm lets say
:roll: !!!
First: every comment on her riding style is like saying :No darling, your new haircut looks good. If you know what I mean..... It`s really hard to find a way critizising something without starting a "blitzkrieg"!!
Second:Stay cool if she dops your new 19,5 GXR into the only bush at the
beach for miles...man, if that happens to yourself you would
:angryfire: but for her you smile ,cheer her up, und go finding the holes in the tube for the next 6 hours of perfect wind to be ready when the wind dies......
Third:never try to discuss the color or design for her new costummade board because, when the board is finished, she will be unhappy for sure because the color is a bit to red, shiny, whatever....So let her decide for her own,so the only one to blame is herself, even if she looses her board because of its really stylish blue color......
Fourth:never ...Well, there are a few more things you should never try to explain to your Gf, find them out for yourself...
Don`t get me wrong my Gf is a real sweetheart and she is really hardcore, and I hope for everyone here to find a nice kiting girl because there is no shopping, cinema, homework when its windy!!!! :thumb:

Aloha
Frank

Return to “Kitesurfing”