Here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 63
- Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:41 pm
- Local Beach: Ruakaka Beach, One tree point,......
- Favorite Beaches: Boracay, Philippines
- Gear: Nobile, Flexifoil, Sprockett Boards
- Brand Affiliation: Sprockett Boards (owner)
- Location: Ruakaka, New Zealand
Im going through some process considerations...
I want to use PBT top and bottom sheets on my next boards..
If I use vacuum infusion how would i handle the sheets? will the resin go everywhere including on the wrong side of the PBT sheets? or just follow the e-glass fiber on the inside... (does this make sense?)
Or should i just stick to pre-preg and Vacuum bag?
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 471
- Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:43 pm
- Local Beach: Grado Pineta (IT), Fossalon (IT)
- Style: Freeride, strapless hooked-in
- Gear: FS S3 19m2 DLX, S3 CE 12m2 DLX & S4 8m2 DLX
Homemade Surf & Snow Boards
- Location: Iv.G.-Slovenia
Nature always chooses the easiest way, so I guess the resin would flow through the top of the sheet, leaving the surface between fibres and core pretty much dry. You might be lucky if you set up the infusion and vacuum tube to start between fibres and core (if this makes any sense).
But since I don't have much experience with infusion, I would go for pre-preg and press (any kind).
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 3730
- Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:37 am
Sounds tricky, but actually, you might be able to just use the skins themselves as the bag.
You would need a vacuum plenum/flow media of sorts along one rail and resin inlets/media along the other rail, make the resin flow across the short distance (board width) between....
Return to “Gear Builders”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests