Hoff Twinwave
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Pneumatics

Postby rynhardt » Tue May 21, 2019 10:00 am

JayP wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:58 pm
Kevin Brooker wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:35 pm
The I-beam press will allow you to shape the wood and ski building forums have great info on using them. If you resin infuse the laminates you have time to set the dry fabric (spray adhesive works great) and see if the vac is steady before adding resin. Infusion is also great since you can stop at any time as long as you have not added resin. Another way to get the cloth to follow the intricate contours is using a silicon mold which works great but not economical for one offs. If you can find a copy of Phil Barnes technique video for making RC sailplane wings it is extremely informative and does a wonderful job explaining how to wrap edges and with cloth and get it all to seat when using a vac bag.
Thanks for your advice ;)
I was thinking of a silicon mold and I have found one which withstand 270 Celsius so that might be the way forward.
A silicone mould could work. You could also just make a fibreglass mould, which would probably be a lot cheaper.

The trick would be to seal the wood first, something like a clear polyurethane varnish.
These users thanked the author rynhardt for the post:
jaros (Tue May 21, 2019 4:18 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Gear Builders”