Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Searching for a builder for my split twintip/hydrofoil hybrid

Here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
User avatar
Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 819
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:18 pm
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Punta del Diablo, Uruguay
Favorite Beaches: Durban, SA
Corpus Christi
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Slinghot, Nobile, Zeeko
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 31 times
Contact:

Re: Searching for a builder for my split twintip/hydrofoil hybrid

Postby Adventure Logs » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:44 pm

juanpasala wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:31 pm
Hi Jason,

You should try to contact Harold from Cogua https://coguakiteboarding.com/
He makes custom boards (Really good ones), and is located at Calima Lake in Colombia (think you ve been there).
He has a Twintip-Foil Split/Convertible concept that has a lot of future.
Thank you for the info, I will contact and see what he says. I have been to Calima; it truly was one of my most beautiful sessions with the fog rolling in every afternoon.

In the meantime, for my travel quiver, I have been using a shorty (110 cm) hydfofoil board with Nobile's larger board travel bag. Only problem with this is the current board(dwarfcraft 36") is too heavy and I can't fit everything in my bag and keep underweight like I could with the Nobile split hydrofoil. But the dwarfcraft is more fun to ride and more durable.

juanpasala
Medium Poster
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:29 pm
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Calima
Favorite Beaches: Calima
Cabo de la Vela
San Andres
Style: Freeride / Foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot 8-10 / Soul 10-15 / Sonic Race 11-15
Crazyfly Raptor LTD / Cogua - Levitaz Bionic
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Searching for a builder for my split twintip/hydrofoil hybrid

Postby juanpasala » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:45 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:44 pm
juanpasala wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:31 pm
Hi Jason,

You should try to contact Harold from Cogua https://coguakiteboarding.com/
He makes custom boards (Really good ones), and is located at Calima Lake in Colombia (think you ve been there).
He has a Twintip-Foil Split/Convertible concept that has a lot of future.
Thank you for the info, I will contact and see what he says. I have been to Calima; it truly was one of my most beautiful sessions with the fog rolling in every afternoon.

In the meantime, for my travel quiver, I have been using a shorty (110 cm) hydfofoil board with Nobile's larger board travel bag. Only problem with this is the current board(dwarfcraft 36") is too heavy and I can't fit everything in my bag and keep underweight like I could with the Nobile split hydrofoil. But the dwarfcraft is more fun to ride and more durable.
The concept harold is working with is a center piece of arround 67 cm, with side attachments to adjust the size and shape of the board, it is full carbon, so the weigh is arround 4kg.
a split will never be as good as a normal board in regards with rigidity, but the one he s been building is a work of art.

ArchieKras
Rare Poster
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:57 pm
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Longniddry
Favorite Beaches: Canos de meca
Style: Freeride/Foil
Gear: Airush Vantage, FS soul
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: Searching for a builder for my split twintip/hydrofoil hybrid

Postby ArchieKras » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:35 pm

Following this!
I really think there is a market for a light split TT/Foil hybrid. Bought NP:CRX some time ago for trips but the board is sadly too big at 145x45cm and doesn't feel nimble enough in twintip mode.
A 138cm carbon split board with the same 4 holes and soft padding on top would be a killer board to own.
Nobile designers hear me!!!

Breze
Medium Poster
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:53 pm
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Bavarian Lakes
Style: Freeride
Gear: Ram Air & Tubes, TT & Foil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Searching for a builder for my split twintip/hydrofoil hybrid

Postby Breze » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:46 pm

These users thanked the author Breze for the post:
ArchieKras (Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:59 pm)
Rating: 10%

tiga88
Rare Poster
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:40 pm
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: foz do arelho, portugal
Favorite Beaches: foz do arelho, portugal, costa da caparica, cumbuco, zanzibar
Gear: twin tips, hydrofoils etc
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Searching for a builder for my split twintip/hydrofoil hybrid

Postby tiga88 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:36 am

Just a link to other post in this forum that maybe useful:
viewtopic.php?f=196&t=2403962

Nobile website: https://shop.nobilesports.com/nobile-ki ... -2020.html

Sgallian
Medium Poster
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:42 pm
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: La Saline - Reunion Island
Favorite Beaches: La Prairie - Mauritius
Tarifa
Style: Freeride - Freestyle - Strapless - Foil
Gear: 2017 Naish Dash, 2019 Naish Pivot
NHP SplitBoard Carbon(2016)
Nobile Infinity Split Foil 5'2
Zeeko SpitFire Foil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Searching for a builder for my split twintip/hydrofoil hybrid

Postby Sgallian » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:18 am

tiga88 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:36 am
Just a link to other post in this forum that maybe useful:
viewtopic.php?f=196&t=2403962

Nobile website: https://shop.nobilesports.com/nobile-ki ... -2020.html
^^^^ exactly, why build it when you can just order it?
I bought the splitfoil infinity just before it came out, otherwise I might have gone with this as well.
Well, will use it for strapless wave kite surfing too, so not too bummed about it.

tiga88
Rare Poster
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:40 pm
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: foz do arelho, portugal
Favorite Beaches: foz do arelho, portugal, costa da caparica, cumbuco, zanzibar
Gear: twin tips, hydrofoils etc
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Searching for a builder for my split twintip/hydrofoil hybrid

Postby tiga88 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:33 am

Well I will not buy it that’s for sure! But I believe in the concept..currently I own an infinity split foil board and also twin tip split from nobile. I am planning on modifying the twin tip split to be similar to this concepts, this way I will just need one board for traveling!

User avatar
Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 819
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:18 pm
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Punta del Diablo, Uruguay
Favorite Beaches: Durban, SA
Corpus Christi
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Slinghot, Nobile, Zeeko
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 31 times
Contact:

Re: Searching for a builder for my split twintip/hydrofoil hybrid

Postby Adventure Logs » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:29 am

Sgallian wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:18 am
tiga88 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:36 am
Just a link to other post in this forum that maybe useful:
viewtopic.php?f=196&t=2403962

Nobile website: https://shop.nobilesports.com/nobile-ki ... -2020.html
^^^^ exactly, why build it when you can just order it?
I bought the splitfoil infinity just before it came out, otherwise I might have gone with this as well.
Well, will use it for strapless wave kite surfing too, so not too bummed about it.
If you look at the date I started the tread it was 2018, long before Nobile put theres out. Wonder where they got the idea :roll:
These users thanked the author Adventure Logs for the post:
Sgallian (Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:30 am)
Rating: 10%

tiga88
Rare Poster
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:40 pm
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: foz do arelho, portugal
Favorite Beaches: foz do arelho, portugal, costa da caparica, cumbuco, zanzibar
Gear: twin tips, hydrofoils etc
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Searching for a builder for my split twintip/hydrofoil hybrid

Postby tiga88 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:21 pm

Yeah I know, I found this topic long ago, obviously many of us had this desire already, it was a matter of time to see this solution on the market. But yes who knows maybe They found your request! ;)
Once I finish my MOD I will post it.
Board ✅
Inserts ✅
Time for implementation WIP


Return to “Gear Builders”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests