deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Searching for a builder for my split twintip/hydrofoil hybrid

Postby deniska » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:28 am

not sure I understand the logic of combining TT board with HF.
You will end up either with bad TT board or bad HF setup or both...
You want flex on your TT boards but not on your foils..
To be honest zen is a very mediocre foil to begin with, imho (even with stiffer split surfboard)
I am still pissed that it broke after less than 20 sessions, but sort of glad that losing it to ocean made me move to better foils.

tiga88
Rare Poster
Local Beach: foz do arelho, portugal
Favorite Beaches: foz do arelho, portugal, costa da caparica, cumbuco, zanzibar
Gear: twin tips, hydrofoils etc
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby tiga88 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:31 am

deniska wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:28 am
To be honest zen is a very mediocre foil to begin with, imho (even with stiffer split surfboard)
I am still pissed that it broke after less than 20 sessions, but sort of glad that losing it to ocean made me move to better foils.
It’s not a common TT, it’s a split TT, for those who prefer to travel light and want the best of both worlds. This topic title is all about TT Split adaptable to foil.
Zen foil is not my first choice when I go out for foiling, but when in comes to traveling with gear without paying fees at the airport I always go for it ;)

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core

Postby deniska » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:33 am

tiga88 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:31 am
deniska wrote:
It’s not a common TT, it’s a split TT, for those who prefer to travel light and want the best of both worlds. This topic title is all about TT Split adaptable to foil.
Zen foil is not my first choice when I go out for foiling, but when in comes to traveling with gear without paying fees at the airport I always go for it ;)
Yeah... I hear ya.. well.. guess what, I can fit my carbon TT,my carbon race board (with volume, not some bouncy plywood board) with carbon HF and a kite (15m or 2 smaller size foils) in to a golf bag deceiver under standard airline weight allowance and it works 90% of the time (based on ~ 10 last trips).. the extra $60 I had to pay once, is well worth the opportunity to use the best gear for the job. And yes, you can kite on shitty gear, but if you value your time, why do it?
disclaimer: I owned nobile split tt, split foil board and zen foil..not coming back.. sorry.

tiga88
Rare Poster
Local Beach: foz do arelho, portugal
Favorite Beaches: foz do arelho, portugal, costa da caparica, cumbuco, zanzibar
Gear: twin tips, hydrofoils etc
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby tiga88 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:22 pm

deniska wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:33 am
tiga88 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:31 am
deniska wrote:
Yeah... I hear ya.. well.. guess what, I can fit my carbon TT,my carbon race board (with volume, not some bouncy plywood board) with carbon HF and a kite (15m or 2 smaller size foils) in to a golf bag deceiver under standard airline weight allowance and it works 90% of the time (based on ~ 10 last trips).. the extra $60 I had to pay once, is well worth the opportunity to use the best gear for the job. And yes, you can kite on shitty gear, but if you value your time, why do it?
disclaimer: I owned nobile split tt, split foil board and zen foil..not coming back.. sorry.
You remember me why I stopped wasting time in forums, thank you for that ;) , read the topic, no one here is willing to discuss which brand/ type of HF/TT is better or searching for statistics on how to pass kite gear as standard/golf bags, this will much depend on airlines and even people at the desk, yes for 60$ I would not care either, but some airlines charge 100/150€ per leg to take your gear, imagine when you have multiple flights, the cost is huge, and sometimes you simply cannot avoid those airlines.
If you don’t like Nobile it’s fine, I do not work, sell or have anything related to them.
I will not go further with this non sense ping pong.
Happy new year and good winds for you! 😎

Return to “Gear Builders”