Kiting since: 2020
Weight: 85
Style: Freeride, with ATB and on Snow, Rideup
Gear: Kitefactory 2012 Maori, FS Peak4 5m, Fixed-Bride 4 Liners
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: rear line adjusters for bar

Postby Fightsurfer » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:31 pm

With this system all parts are outside and easy to inspect without hidden wear-points inside the bar like with other systems.
Well, I guess you are referring for the Kauper system when saying hidden parts inside the bar.
I never had the Kauper, but the benefit of only adjusting one point and altering both steerling lines,
instead of adjusting both steering lines seperatly,
sounds appealing to me.

So, I guess your system does not have an urgent need to inspect the lines regularly,
so was it more an ideology decision because you wanted it to tick that box?

Would your Max Bar offer clearance to route lines threw the bar to install a different system, or is the insert blocking the way?

Thanks

evan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Brouwersdam
Style: Hydrofoil - Big Air
Gear: Infexion bars
Brand Affiliation: Infexion

Re: rear line adjusters for bar

Postby evan » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:27 pm

There is enough room to fit a 6x4mm pu tube through the center piece So you should be able to make a kauper like double trim but i know some local riders here that don't like that system although I have to ask if that is the complete package or only the backline trim.

Most riders only trim once a session or only when switching between different kites so it is no problem to adjust both back lines when riding a bit slower for a few seconds. And indeed, the nature of the entire system being exposes for inspection and flushing when body dragging/crashing is a big bonus for me.
You eventually get careless and forget about flushing out the internal mechanisms or to inspect the lines inside on a regular basis.
Attachments
IMG_20210809_152502.jpg

Return to “Gear Builders”