because of Covid I have little money - but spare time.
So my Plan: I want to try Foil again. Buying a Foil and attach it to my existing Fish. (if I get hooked, I can buy a proper Board later)
I had a very short try with Foil 3 years ago and thought it is kind of boring, so I never tryied again. But now (in getting older
and especialy thinking about winging in future) I want to give it another try..
I own an old, not used, North Freestyle Fish (5'/153cm length x 19"/48cm width) with Foodhooks. It was strapless always a bit too short for me (I'm 182Pounds/83Kg and 6ft/188cm) and is not used for years (usually I’m riding a wakestyle TT with boots).
Kiting more than 10 years. Had this one foiling session 3 years ago, somebody offered me his LF Happy Foil. After 20 minutes I made some very short flights and stopped then. Back in time I had some 2-3 years of surfboard strapless riding.
- Apply some wood on the Freestyle Fish with the three Holes were the fins usually go! So I don't have to drill the Board, fill the holes and all this
- Attach the Foil on the wood. (Becouse it is not fixed I can “move” the foil with more holes to the right position)
- Attach an extra leash between wood and board – so in case the wood rips off the board, the foil don’t get lost (I'm sure the Wood to Board is the weak point - not the connection Foil to Wood)
- If everything working out well and the Foil is at the right point – use some Sikaflex to attach the wood permanent.
- The Edge of the Wood is all along the Board: you think it is going to make it impossible to ride? even if I make a nice Edge?
- Do you think it is going to rip apart immediately?