Style: weird style!
Gear: switch helium3 7m 2018
Crazyfly 115 x 44 Chill 2021
nobile 2hd 134x42 2018
Manta foil 2015/2018
Brand Affiliation: none

Re: hydrofoil under Airush Sector V5 54

Postby windfreak74 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:34 pm

just buy a glue on plate rail and find out if your really want to mod the board!

DAnderson
Medium Poster
Local Beach: SWFL
Gear: 14.5 A Flite
8/5 A Roam
18/12 soul 11/9 av8
15/9 s3
ha725/195
ML B3
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby DAnderson » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:11 pm

I had tracks installed in a sector a while back. It does work & has been occasionally useful as a backup. I wouldn't do it again, better to have a dedicated foil board imo.

norcom
Very Frequent Poster
Style: waves
Gear: Too much to list these days. Currently mostly a v3 Cabo's and Spleene Zone fan

Postby norcom » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:49 pm

naishdude wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:07 pm
@Norcom I fear a sector V5 60 will be too big /wide for this , will be heavier too?
I just meant as I have the v5 60. I swear at some point I had a similar idea as you to get a plate for the boxes when I first started foiling. If you’re worried about “not getting” into foiling, well, read my post on the below thread from 2016. :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2393068&sid=83f2b30 ... c&start=19

:lol:
Four years later and I can tell you that I haven’t used or thought about the Sector in a few years. Unless it’s blowing 20mph, I’m on the GoFoil Iwa and a Peak4 4m or 5m. That planeing feel that I liked has been replaced but the surf-wave feel that only a big foil provides in the tiny, junky “waves” we have here. Nothing other than a large foil makes me feel happy now. Maybe if we had waves with real push I would think differently.
These users thanked the author norcom for the post:
bigtone667 (Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:11 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5

Postby naishdude » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:03 am

norcom wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:49 pm
naishdude wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:07 pm
@Norcom I fear a sector V5 60 will be too big /wide for this , will be heavier too?
I just meant as I have the v5 60. I swear at some point I had a similar idea as you to get a plate for the boxes when I first started foiling. If you’re worried about “not getting” into foiling, well, read my post on the below thread from 2016. :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2393068&sid=83f2b30 ... c&start=19

:lol:
Four years later and I can tell you that I haven’t used or thought about the Sector in a few years. Unless it’s blowing 20mph, I’m on the GoFoil Iwa and a Peak4 4m or 5m. That planeing feel that I liked has been replaced but the surf-wave feel that only a big foil provides in the tiny, junky “waves” we have here. Nothing other than a large foil makes me feel happy now. Maybe if we had waves with real push I would think differently.
Yezzzzz...the part of the link is exactly my feeling too, l really love my 54 sector, and had all these big kites from flysurfer down to ozone zephyr, and tickled each last drop of wind, but got so tired from all swimming back etc ..so no bigger than 12 m...if nogo, l go biking
But still thought ( cheapass) if l could just get a foil under the sector, it will be a board less to buy and carry with me, but still be usable as my regular sector if needed/ wanted.

So l am thinking in using my friends board and foil a couple more times, just to see what it does..if l get the thrill...which l do not have yet.
There is a secondhand, fone raceboard for sale, nose has been repaired damaged, 250€ awking price...maybe go for that, l think the volume will help in the lightwind, for starting or " coming home"...and in the beginning the jibes.

Thx to you all! for all your thoughts and advices
Cheers Dude

norcom
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Too much to list these days. Currently mostly a v3 Cabo's and Spleene Zone fan

Postby norcom » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:59 pm

naishdude wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:03 am
Yezzzzz...the part of the link is exactly my feeling too, l really love my 54 sector, and had all these big kites from flysurfer down to ozone zephyr, and tickled each last drop of wind, but got so tired from all swimming back etc ..so no bigger than 12 m...if nogo, l go biking
But still thought ( cheapass) if l could just get a foil under the sector, it will be a board less to buy and carry with me, but still be usable as my regular sector if needed/ wanted.

So l am thinking in using my friends board and foil a couple more times, just to see what it does..if l get the thrill...which l do not have yet.
There is a secondhand, fone raceboard for sale, nose has been repaired damaged, 250€ awking price...maybe go for that, l think the volume will help in the lightwind, for starting or " coming home"...and in the beginning the jibes.

Cheers Dude

Unless money's super tight, don't get the race board and convert it. You really dont want it that big, wide and long. In my opinion, if you start with a large raceboard with lots of volume you'll find it a lot harder to get foiling, it really doesn't help in light wind much either if you go that big. Though I'm not sure how big the F-One board you're thinking of but I'm guessing BIG. Get something surfboard sized or something like a Slingshot Alien Air. You can find my thread where I'm using a 5'10 Slingshot SUP that's 100L and I can tell you that even in super-crazy-light wind it's easier for me now to start with a sinker and a massive wing by sinking and pumping the foil up. You want some volume but not enough to hinder you.

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5

Postby naishdude » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:12 pm

norcom wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:59 pm
naishdude wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:03 am

Cheers Dude

Unless money's super tight, don't get the race board and convert it. You really dont want it that big, wide and long. In my opinion, if you start with a large raceboard with lots of volume you'll find it a lot harder to get foiling, it really doesn't help in light wind much either if you go that big. Though I'm not sure how big the F-One board you're thinking of but I'm guessing BIG. Get something surfboard sized or something like a Slingshot Alien Air. You can find my thread where I'm using a 5'10 Slingshot SUP that's 100L and I can tell you that even in super-crazy-light wind it's easier for me now to start with a sinker and a massive wing by sinking and pumping the foil up. You want some volume but not enough to hinder you.
no no its a kite hydrofoil volume raceboard like in the picture...
thx !
Attachments
$_86.jpg

norcom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby norcom » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:24 pm

naishdude wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:12 pm
no no its a kite hydrofoil volume raceboard like in the picture...
thx !

Ah that would be perfect! Do it man! You'll love it!

Return to “Gear Builders”