Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Home made wings 3m and 4.6m

Here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
Gigi;)
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Home made wings 3m and 4.6m

Postby Gigi;) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:18 pm

Thank you, feel free to contact me when needed ;)
nemoz wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:25 am
Here you can find the 4.3 plans in dxf ... Sorry for the delay but I had too many project at the same time. The shape is updated following the latest wing trend with bigger LE and lower AR, I will built in the next weeks if I will receive the fabrics. For the bladders I will order them to www.drtuba.eu Gigi on kiteforum, in the past he was really kind with custom orders.

nemoz
Medium Poster

Postby nemoz » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:48 pm

nosnow wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:01 pm
nemoz wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:25 am
Here you can find the 4.3 plans in dxf ... Sorry for the delay but I had too many project at the same time. The shape is updated following the latest wing trend with bigger LE and lower AR, I will built in the next weeks if I will receive the fabrics. For the bladders I will order them to www.drtuba.eu Gigi on kiteforum, in the past he was really kind with custom orders.
Hi Nemoz
What fabrics did you order?
Thx
I don't have enough dacron at home...

recidivo
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby recidivo » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:35 am

nemoz wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:34 pm
I bought a used singer machine 3232 for 20 euros during covid quarantine, was not working properly, I disassembled it and it had multiple problems of tensioning, hook timing and needle height, I found all the how to videos on youtube (I supposed the old owner disassembled it for some reason and reassembled it not correctly). I had no sewing experience or at least just the basic. The first blue 4,6 one is not perfectly symmetrical one tip has higher AOA than the other, the white dacron one is way way better, i will rebuilt the 4,6 after my holiday in Greece. I designed it with Surfplan and i printed it on A0 paper size for 16€ https://www.surfplan.com.au/sp/downloads/index.aspx.
If you follow the sewing lines correctly it will be simmetrycal.
For the bladders you can custom order them from https://drtuba.eu/product/dacron-adhesive-tape. You can ask to Gigi on the forum.
The only tips I can give you is to use needle for leather(this will help you to not breaking the polietilene thread), a good 9mm 3m double side tape (to pre align all the fabric parts), and to spray the thread in the spools with wd40 (this will prevent thread to stick on the needle with the glue from the 3m tape). I would love to have this tips in advance.

Hello Nemoz GREAT work, I'm doing the same..how does the bladder cost, about? thanks

nemoz
Medium Poster

Postby nemoz » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:19 am

bladder's cost depends on the size, ask directly to Gigi

yenice
Rare Poster
Weight: 60
Gear: None

Postby yenice » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:03 pm

I wonder how was the performance of your new version, or at least pictures of it.

nemoz
Medium Poster

Postby nemoz » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:47 am

I sold it to a friend of mine, anyway, it was more stable in the profile due to the lower AR and it was easyer in the end, in my opinion the different profile I used gave me more power on the low end, similar final speed, absolutely easyer to sewn due to lower number of section, I'm designing the new version and I will built it in winter time.
These users thanked the author nemoz for the post:
yenice (Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:44 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

yenice
Rare Poster

Postby yenice » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:09 pm

Thank you for your answers. I was in the print shop today, got your 3m2 and 4.6 m2 kites both printed on small size paper. Since it will be my first attempt to produce such a job, I want to make a small paper model to get an idea of what goes where and see it in 3d.

Afterwards, I am planning to start to sew one of the sizes for myself. My machine can sew 3 step zig-zag stich.

I also have done some tests with my plastic impulse welder and looks like I can even make my bladders at home. But how they will be made, I have no idea. I mean the form of each panel and where the valves will be, how many separate bladders there are, are the questions in my mind now.

Please let me know if you want to warn me to be careful at any aspect of sewing the textiles and welding the bladders.

nemoz
Medium Poster

Postby nemoz » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:00 pm

for sewing i simply suggest you to use 9mm 3m double side tape, as asi wrote the only tips I can give you is to use needle for leather(this will help you to not breaking the polietilene thread), a good 9mm 3m double side tape (to pre align all the fabric parts), and to spray the thread in the spools with wd40 (this will prevent thread to stick on the needle with the glue from the 3m tape). I would love to have this tips in advance. I have not so much experience. talking about bladders, I never built mine i ordered them at https://drtuba.eu/ or you can ask for them to Gigi. I have no experience about building bladders.

Schietwedder
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Surendorf, Kiel, Germany
Gear: Diy Gear

Postby Schietwedder » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:25 pm

If you use sailmaking specific double sided tape you won't need to do any of that cleaning then also normal needles should be sufficient.
Just walk to your nearest sailmaker and buy a few rolls of tape it is not expensive. Common misconception is that it does only for industrial sewing machines but that's not the case, using its since 15 years on home machines as well

yenice
Rare Poster

Postby yenice » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:41 pm

Thank you both for the valuable advice

Return to “Gear Builders”