Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Self-Build Kilaia Kiteboard

Here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
Chris Middleton
Rare Poster
Local Beach: South of France - Montpellier. From the Spanish border to Marseille
Favorite Beaches: Maui North Shore, Camp One, Old Mans
Sicilly - west and southern Mediterranean side, Aegian Sea - East Side also
Italy - Lake Garda
Venezuela - Los Roquos
Style: Freestyle - Cool, No Stress
Gear: Wooden-Stuff Kilaia Kiteboards, Foilaia Foilboards, Zeeko Spitfire, Storm Kilaia branded Kites, North Actionsports Group
Brand Affiliation: KILAIA Kiteboards (KI-te a-LAIA) in Montpellier - under the brand of wooden-stuff.com

Self-Build Kilaia Kiteboard

Postby Chris Middleton » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:29 pm

Here's a quick heads up on the DIY Kilaia = Kite specific Alaia
Lucia_Kilaia_Sicile.jpg
These Kilaia boards are starting to become increasingly popular in Europe as a session saver and an alternative / complement to light wind kitesurfing.
Obviously the kite foil is the ultimate light wind weapon however, in shallow water conditions the foil comes somewhat unstuck (don't get me wrong I'm a big foil fan).
But it's also quite technical, costly and numerous kitesurfers find the concept of riding a board with a huge foil contraption attached to the hull intimidating for what ever reason.
P1100652.JPG
I've shaped a considerable number of these Kilaia boards (well over 250 now) so thought I'd share a simple process of how to make your very own Kilaia Kiteboard.
There's a complete set of DIY videos & downloadable proven board shapes that we've been working on for over 5yrs, with sub-titles in Fr, Spanish, Portuguese, German and Italian plus an extensive knowledge base both in Eng & Fr.

http://diykilaia.com/en/

Hope that you enjoy the link - the shots below are of Russell Farrington & were taken in pretty sketchy light winds, he was riding a 15m Cabrinha.
Post storm Frayer if my memory serves me correct, on the south coast of the UK.
WSCoverRussMarch.jpg
SouthbourneRussAirbourneLR.jpg
These users thanked the author Chris Middleton for the post (total 3):
Breze (Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:07 pm) • BartSt (Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:35 pm) • gregkn73 (Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:21 pm)
Rating: 9.09%

Return to “Gear Builders”