On call for a week with lots of wind!
However on call is always a great time to catch up on projects.
I bought a 30m roll of 4 ounce surfboard glass fibre. Decided to go for thinner with easy wrapping.
2 layers on bottom side which is only under tension, and to hopefully protect the 3D from minor bottom impacts.
I used about 6 layers of 4 ounce inside the mast socket feathered to the sides with 4 layers of 4 ounce over the mast foot after I cut a slot and a few layers around the side and base of the mast foot.
As the resin started to thicken slightly I covered it off with peelply, infusion mesh and paper towels.I taped the peel ply back around under the slightly curved leading edges and vacuumed it. Very pleased with my leading edge!
The top has a smoothing layer of epoxy resin with copper powder blended in for a bit of reflectivity, the PLA black is a heat magnet.
Needs a bit more sanding and coating yet but I have 4 remaining evenings on call
Meanwhile watching Americas cup and American magic totally loose it on the turn for the last leg