Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

North Trust Bar 5th Element 2012 25m - blue

Forum for all hooked tricks
Macisback
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kahuna Surf House, Kiti, Larnaca
Favorite Beaches: Kahuna Surf House, Les Dauphins, Soma Bay, Prasonissi, Boracay, Tarifa, Sotavento
Style: Airstyle, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Naish, North & Zeeko Kites, Flysurfer and RL Boards, Zeeko and Iero Hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: North Trust Bar 5th Element 2012 25m - blue

Postby Macisback » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:52 pm

@ Toby

Im sure you will be able to test the drafts before, but worst case you can test my ones in 3 months.
Ill have the north quad bar custom adjusted - getting rid of the Y and replacing it with a Naish low V. I wonder if i need to get a Naish Bar ir order that lines/parts separatly

Lars Madsen
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Fyn Denmark
Favorite Beaches: Swelmø Danmark Prasonissi rhodes gr.
Style: Jumping Big airstyle having Fun
Gear: Fs soul 9 12 18
Carved 140

Postby Lars Madsen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:52 am

Macisback wrote: - getting rid of the Y and replacing it with a Naish low V. I wonder if i need to get a Naish Bar ir order that lines/parts separatly
Hi I just put some extension lines on 5 meter extra like I have , then there is no problem with the high Y. inn total I have 30 meter lines, Work very god with the 17 m draft

Macisback
Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Kahuna Surf House, Les Dauphins, Soma Bay, Prasonissi, Boracay, Tarifa, Sotavento
Gear: Naish, North & Zeeko Kites, Flysurfer and RL Boards, Zeeko and Iero Hydrofoils

Postby Macisback » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:58 am

I was thinking the same, as 30m will give you a bit more power in the kite while slowing its movement a bit down obviously.

Do you use Naish extensions, North extensions or generic ones?

So you say as soon as you add the 5m extensions, the Y doesnt influence the shape of the draft anymore, so if you dont use them the Y has an some kind of Influence of the shape of the draft?

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:08 am

A Draft 17 with 30 m lines sounds great!
Would love to test it in 3 months.
Coming to Cumbuco end of Dec?

Macisback
Frequent Poster

Postby Macisback » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:32 pm

Yes, I plan to come to Cumbuco on the 27th of December and stay till the 19th of January.
I will have some female company the first 10-14 days and maybe I also need to go to Paraguay for 3 days. But, the main aim is kiting of course!

We have a client who will tell me around the 10th of October when/if he needs me in late December, so that means I will book everything on the 10th-12th this month and hope I will still be able to get good flights and rooms.

I am bringing both Naish Drafts with me, the 14 m2 and the 17 m2 and of course you are welcome to try them as long as you want - I can not kite more tan 2-4 hours a day usually, because it will exhaust me too much (especially in the beginning).

So yes, you are very welcome to ride those 2 kites!

I will have them completely done soon (only misssing long lines and maybe bar modifications), Im now working on the T-Handle, Straps, Grab Rails as you know and am getting spare parts like bladders, repairs etc. so my equipement is complete and exactly what I want it to be when I come to Cumbuco.

Macisback
Frequent Poster

Postby Macisback » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:48 pm

Oh and a few more questions:

- do the extensions have any influence on relaunch etc? (Like the lines getting in a mess, being to heavy etc?)
- Will the extensions allow the kite to fully depower on the front lines with the extensions or will the bar get stuck at the extension knots?

Because maybe 30m lines will just be the better solution?
And maybe changing to a V instead a Y is more safe (full way for the kite to) .

I just havent figured out yet which parts of North Bar / which parts of Naish Bar to use and how to modify it properly, as I dont have a Naish Bar here yet.
Macisback wrote:I was thinking the same, as 30m will give you a bit more power in the kite while slowing its movement a bit down obviously.

Do you use Naish extensions, North extensions or generic ones?

So you say as soon as you add the 5m extensions, the Y doesnt influence the shape of the draft anymore, so if you dont use them the Y has an some kind of Influence of the shape of the draft?

Return to “Airstyle”