Up-to-date list of Top Airstyle kites

Forum for all hooked tricks
s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Up-to-date list of Top Airstyle kites

Postby s1buell_wl » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:53 pm

Toby wrote:And yes, there is money to be made.

Luckily we have the PKRA Germany, which is also a big expo...many brands there...let's see if I can convince a company to do my gear. I already have some ideas...wish me luck!

Next step for Airstyle equipment has been accomplished: http://www.airstyle.tv/buy-t-handle/

More to come!!!
Toby talk to north if you can.... They have everything we need. If they are thinking 2015 Rebel maybe they can be persuaded toward Dyno AS 2015. Maybe start a petition online?

Kites makers, get a 2011 north and find out how it was made..... Cha Ching....

No eng cost, first model will work for your clients. Following years you can improve....

Man I just don't understand...

As for the bar its the same. North had it perfect. Sell the bar normal. If the client wants the Mirco loop he could buy it and add it on..... again Cha Ching......

crazy..

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:13 pm

... how about boards?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:08 pm

Ok guys, if you want a big AIRSTYLE kite, then will make one for you and will call it the SCREAMER 16.5 (AIRSTYLE LTD) and will have Toby test it and see what he thinks about the kite.
Again this kite will be sold only as a pre-order kite once we have it ready. It's going to be slow like a big with some hang time. But again you will be limited in doing other tricks. This is the reason why I love using the SCREAMER 14 in (12 to 18 knots) because their is no limits to the tricks I want to do. See picture bellow hard to do this on an 18 meter kite following with an airstyle trick..
Attachments
SCREAMER 14 in 12 to 18 knots can you do this on an 18 meter kite.png

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:50 pm

na, 18 please! 16.5 is too close on 14. We need a good 18!

With 18 you cannot do kiteloops, that's for sure. but I don't want to get hurt, so fine with no kiteloops!

Cannot see your picture though...too big of a file! Is it a kiteloop?

We also need a bar with microloop! That package is important to have!

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Ok, saw the picture now. Assumed right ;-)

Cool tricks, but will leave them to you and younger guys.

Again, there is a market for 14 sqm kites, AND 18 sqm kites.
You won't persuade the 18sqm guys who are into Airstyle and love their Dynos 18...they know why!

And there are tricks I don't do but you, and vice versa...due to the gear!
And that's fine! It's called consumer options ;-)

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:51 pm

Ok here's the plan, Somebody send Dimitri a 2011 Dyno and he can take inspiration from it and make a 2015 airstyle kite! shhhh,,,,,, Don't tell North.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:00 pm

Ok 17.9 meters it is.
No need to get a 2011 Dyno kite. Will use the SCREAMER model and come up with the (SCREAMER 18) and call it: SCREAMER18M "Airstyle ltd" model, and it will come only in one size made specially for you guys.
Now that's what I call "Customer Service".
:thumb:

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:46 pm

plummet wrote:Ok here's the plan, Somebody send Dimitri a 2011 Dyno and he can take inspiration from it and make a 2015 airstyle kite! shhhh,,,,,, Don't tell North.
Dimi.... Dont dismiss this. The 2011 Dyno is 90% of what everyone is crazy for. 18m at least. Look on the used kite section. Wanted to buy 2011 18m Dyno. Wanted to buy 2011 16m Dyno.

I scan for sale sites every day for a...... yea you guessed it 2011 18m Dyno.

Don't miss whats truly required trying to make what you think is needed (Dont mean to sound harsh). I also agree what ever you make have Toby test.... He's the man.

But at least get a 2011 Dyno and dissect it. This will save you cost no?...... Yea I guess you can not say this in public.... "take inspiration from" might be the best lol

Ah I'm sure Toby will give you all the points needed and improvements..

I will sit back watch and wait that's for sure. You have my 100% attention lol. Im crazy to see this develop.

How long does it take to get a proto these days?

Cheers.

Macisback
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kahuna Surf House, Kiti, Larnaca
Favorite Beaches: Kahuna Surf House, Les Dauphins, Soma Bay, Prasonissi, Boracay, Tarifa, Sotavento
Style: Airstyle, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Naish, North & Zeeko Kites, Flysurfer and RL Boards, Zeeko and Iero Hydrofoils
Been thanked: 0

Postby Macisback » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:48 pm

Hi Dimitri,

truly amazing idea! If you really manage this you just got yourself a new client :-)

Now here my two cents:
I have been developing Airstyle gear for quite some time now with Toby and others.

The thing is, one has to be super accurate to meet the specific needs for Airstyle.
Maybe you will be able to trim the screamer 18 together with Toby, so it works as well or even better as the Dyno 2011.

But maybe not and you will loose time.

So probably a mix of both is the best, have a close look at the Dyno 2011 and then start to modernise it and improve it with the genes of the screamer.
From the side of copyrights, if the final product looks different, no issue at all.

If it flies as good as the Dyno 2011 you will have 20+ orders on the spot, I would say even more.

In a second step you could bring a microhook/loop add-on on.

In a third step bring on a 16m version

In a fourth step you could bring a 128 board like the Flyradical S 2011 on with Straps that can be oversized (like the Flysurfer 2012 Radical straps)

We will be happy to supply grabrails, corner grabrails and T-Handles.

Job done!

Of course everything based on sales numbers, but I guess you will be surprised :-)

So, maybe start with a 18m Dyno-Screamer and as soon as Tobi confirms its as good as the Dyno 2011, let me know how to preorder my one!
Then if sales numbers are good, go from there and move to other steps if sales are good.

Thumbs up!

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:08 am

Well, well well a lot to take in right now at 7am Western standard time down under while I'm trying to get my 6 yr old ready for football (aussie rules, not that girl hugging soccer game...lol).

Mr D we've talked quite a bit, you know I dig what you do and your enthusiasm. And of course we all agree your riding smokes!!

And I've ridden your screamers. Great kite for what you do.

So my advice from the bottom of my heart with no strings and bullshit attached...(and I've been around a long time and ridden a more kites than most guaranteed, and I'm tired of it quite frankly :roll: )...

Involve Toby (he has been spot on even with all my inherent skepticism) in the design and testing phase.

Do not discount the design and flying characteristics of the north dyno 2011, if you do then I believe the probability of creating a decent equivalent, rises to a point it could become futile path to take. But hey I'm not saying you won't do it!!

Best of luck Mr D and I concur with the other crew, you get it right, count me in for your first orders and help you promote it down here at the coal face.

Oh and forget the current trend of thin leading edges and use of no pulleys like it's some kind of advancement...

Oh and forget this madness about reducing the number of struts, dyno has 7 and does just fine THANKYOU very much...

And if you involve Toby (mentioned this twice as this to me is not an option, it's imperative) do t send him a bunch of prototypes then release an equivalent 18m rebel and call it an airstyle kite...grrrrrrr :angryfire:

...needle returns to the start of the song and we all sing along at the gong...lol (guess what the name of this band is called ...bahahahahaha)

Oh and macisback, if the big D doesn't come through, I'm in on your collective idea.

Ps oh another kite that could be investigated believe it or not is the ozone zephyr. It is uncanny how similar these two kites fly, in terms of power delivery, static grunt with the ability to heavily load and release and this is not produced by sitting back in the window like a numpty delta. I rode the new zephyr for a while and my brother has both the zephyr and the dyno and we ride them back to back a lot, if you are wondering...

Have a similar profile to. But it's essentially a 15.5m sail, even with 17 written on it, just lacks a tad of aspect the dyno gives you, and that static bridle produces seriously stupid bar pressure when you get in it winds that airstyle can really start to flow. The canopy holds the wind fine, but the bar pressure increases with wind speed. And don't give me that bullshit about direct feel with hard bar pressure, there is a line and the zephyr crosses it, at the point where you can really start pushing your own boundaries! By the way that's not a criticism of the zephyr as they did not build it to be an airstyle kite! Reckon if ozone added another dash of edge (it already had a fair splash from the old to the new), gave a micro loop, I reckon that could be a damn fine airstyle kite. I really really rate the zephyr (as quite frankly that is still their best kite by a country mile and I still maintain the edge is THE best LEI WING I've flown) and not bad to start your airstyle journey, but you quickly hit a limiting wall, hence why my bro was able to get a dyno 2011. He feels the difference all the time and is a complete convert as well, uses the zephyr for light wind wave riding, hooked in freestyle and occasionally unhooked on the flat, but when it comes to busting out the airstyle stuff...the dyno is put up without question...hey by the way the dyno due to its canopy stability is not such a bad light wind wave kite hey...pretend wave riding but hey that's all you are really doing at those winds.

Return to “Airstyle”