Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Got myself a Flyboard radical 128 by 38 2009!

Forum for all hooked tricks
Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Got myself a Flyboard radical 128 by 38 2009!

Postby Kamikuza » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:54 pm

Eh? The pull-pull straps were all but impossible to adjust, except on the beach. And even then only with great difficulty. But they were comfy...

The lace-ups are ok - same good comfort... but discovered today that the stopper thing has fallen to bits. And I thought the "straps" to hold the laces would rot and fall apart first though.

I think the new ones are single "normal" velcro straps.

But - best straps n' pads evar - the new Axis ones. Set and forget.

... got me longing for my old FR3 now :( damn the buoy!

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby s1buell_wl » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:31 pm

Westozzy wrote:
s1buell_wl wrote:
Westozzy wrote:Okay last one. Got out today on nearly the same wind strength as when on my 12, but on the 16m dyno. Basically I was fully depowered(which isn't a great deal as I give my self a long throw)...actually while we are at it...another good thing about the 2011 dyno which I never knew it flies just as awesome fully depowered...bizarre...

Anyhow same winds, more cross shore though which created more chop, harder to navigate the swell and to find some flat spots to load and boost...but there were some.

Bang this rail was unbreakable. Gets you height and hang. Almost remined me of the edge days (not quite, but far more predictable for board offs).

Sweet session, only make me greedy for more power. Next time it's the 18!!!!
Pussy "Basically I was fully depowered"
Long ways to go mate! Maybe next year it will read " So basically I was full power riding with the 7m kites checking out the upper atmosphere"

What harness are you using?

It's a great board.... I keep trying other boards but..... nothing. The pads are crazy good. We have a couple of freestyle guys here that had ordered them after riding with mine.

2009-10-11 pads are the best. They changed the 2012-13 pads to the lace type. Done know about the new ones.

If you bust this board.... I fell out of the truck on the way to the beach.....don't lie.... lol

I'll take you a lip of mine it look like shit.... but gets the job done.

Haha thanks for your words of encouragement. In my indefensible defence, I'm talking about a winter squalls here with large wind gusts, in a wave spot with some insane currents and weird chop formed and I'm only 73kg, hence the depowering was a safety margin. Most guys 15 to 20 kg heavier were on 9 and 12s, and they said with oodles of power. When the flat water opens up for us on the estuary side when our seasons starts to kick in I'm sure the depower won't be touched as I tend not to touch the depower at all normally. Plus I don't have much depower left as I ride with a lot of throw...gives you more to yank down on in the release!!!

Your last two sentences....I don't really get what you are saying?

Pads and straps are awesome, agreed. Now for some grab rails and a handle to go with my other boards.

Hey anyone have a medium they want to get rid of....??? :D

Sorry about that typo should read

If you bust this board.... I fell out of the truck on the way to the beach.....don't lie.... lol
--- if you bust this board it was not kite surfing. It fell out of the truck on the way to the beach and smashed on the road. This board is bullet proof.

I'll take a picture of mine and post it, It looks like shit.... but gets the job done.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby Westozzy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:29 pm

Kamikuza wrote:Eh? The pull-pull straps were all but impossible to adjust, except on the beach. And even then only with great difficulty. But they were comfy...

The lace-ups are ok - same good comfort... but discovered today that the stopper thing has fallen to bits. And I thought the "straps" to hold the laces would rot and fall apart first though.

I think the new ones are single "normal" velcro straps.

But - best straps n' pads evar - the new Axis ones. Set and forget.

... got me longing for my old FR3 now :( damn the buoy!

Agreed big K those axis 2014 straps and pads are excellent. Too grippy and not the right shape (I don't know what that means but it was an empirical observation) for Boards offs. For locked in and go hard, yeh man ya right, totally sick straps and pads.

I never found it that hard to adjust, but of stuffing about with that tab thing I agree, but I ride with them so loose it doesn't really matter. But yeh hell comfy, stay rigid and seem to be a great shape to drop the board back onto..

And SB, yeh man no doubt, strong board hey. Mines in bloody good nick...let's see what I can do about that hey :D

Return to “Airstyle”