How to kitesurf: Darkslide

Forum for all hooked tricks
Ice101
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: How to kitesurf: Darkslide

Postby Ice101 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:57 am

I think you slide longest if you sit back in the harness and keep the board more upright. The kite will pull you forwards any way. Kind of like a ballet dancer trying to pop up on there toes type motion. You can also grab the fin under the end of the board which helps slide longer and stalls the kite a little during the loop giving you a little higher pop before landing.
When first learning it also helps to bear down wind when you flip the board over. This will ensure the kite loops and you don’t run out of steam before that happens.

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Re: How to kitesurf: Darkslide

Postby longwhitecloud » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:53 am

The trick is about 10 years old now ! I stole it off the first person i ever saw do it after having a a session in New Caledonia, not sure it was Tom , some other dude, forgot their name. French people will know.

2009 vid of me doing a darkslide - no idea if i can still do one! probably.. just..

i learnt them just by failing onto my body and keeping the kite in front of me at all times... over and over again...

I taught a lot of people this trick - they can all do it now no problem even if they looked a bit stupid learning it for a while - that is just the way it is - start getting wet...

Return to “Airstyle”