Re: Kite for airstyle

Postby prop_joe » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:03 pm

downunder wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:22 pm
I will reply to you first.
Yeah, i'm more important.
downunder wrote:
Do you know that I have a broken T12-13 and that pumping the kite is proven for me to get my core strength up like nothing else?
Hmm... don't know jack bout T13s but i sure as sh*t know T1000s are to be avoided at all costs! Liquid metal I sh*t you not!
downunder wrote:
Also, put my weight and yours into perspective. So, cut the BS and put yourself in my shoes...If u can, but I doubt.
You know about as much of my weight as i do your shoe size so i've know idea who's bs'ing who?
downunder wrote:
And, there are no cold days in AU. You dreaming...
Hmm Austria... well lets put another shrimp on the barbie!
These users thanked the author prop_joe for the post:
Faxie (Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:19 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:43 pm

Back to the topic, thanks !!
These users thanked the author Toby for the post:
downunder (Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:53 am)

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby downunder » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:53 am

Exal wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:35 pm
downunder wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:54 pm
Again,

An 80kg 180cm tall bloke and 165cm 59kg differs a lot.

For me, simply pumping a 13m kite over a couple of weeks or months and I will develop a 6pack. That is proven for me over last 10 years. An 13m needs 60-80 strokes if remember well. So not fast at all.

After I started using foils, that is gone. Not happening. The back muscles are also way less developed, hence more ribs pain due to the surgeries.

So, if someone does not agree, I suggest break a back, learn to walk again and than think how pumping a kite helps or not.

D.
Doing something for 30 seconds to a minute is not a warmup. It is not nothing but not enough to prevent injury. I thought you had a system to the madness.

Ha ha, can you pump a 13m kite in 30-60 secs? How about 18m? 45-90secs? And than multiply this by every day or so in a season. Still not convinced that a good part of core strength comes from pumping which is not going to happen with using a foil?

The core strength is the most important for Airstyle. If someone thinks otherwise, good luck with that. The technique only helps that much...

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:16 am

FLandOBX wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:18 pm
downunder wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:27 pm
FLandOBX wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:21 pm

Most would disagree that Airstyle requires riding a single kite 100%. Only Toby does that.
Most? Who is most? You?

So, u doing Airstyle in 30kn? 25? 20?

Funny, Ive never seen an AStyle in 25-30kn with 9m kite. Or we call a board off Airstyle?

Tell us please, did u ever attempted triple rotation on 7m kite with a board off? No? Well than...
Downunder, why are you always so confrontational? "Most" means "most kiteboarders" or, if you prefer, "most airstyle kiters". You know what it means, you just want to be an a**hole. Chill out, dude. Go kiting.
Apologies.

I have a problem if someone is speaking as authority on the subject in the name of others. I know quite a few Airstylers around my local. None is using a small kite in strong wind to attempt Airstyle moves.

To jump with 7,8,9m kite in high wind is not Airstyle. Even if one is really good in jumping. Or, RedBull King of Air would be called "RedBull King of Airstyle :)

This was discussed so many times, but obviously, some can't or won't accept this.

~

To help >90kg rider in his seek of the best kite to learn Airstyle I say loaded 5th line. Others say Soul. Fine. The opinions differ.

However, others did not provide some info about why Soul? Other than it jumps really well. In small sizes and high wind. Or with a HF in big sizes and less wind.

All of that does loaded 5th line on LEI. So, judge for yourself after trying many kites. But here is a problem, TRYING does not cut it. One would need at least 5-10hrs to *try* the kite if it suits.

So to demo the kite in one sesh is pretty useless. Sorry. It is.

prop_joe
Frequent Poster
Gear: twin tips

Postby prop_joe » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:18 am

Toby wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:43 pm
Back to the topic, thanks !!
I was just replying to the madness in the only way that made sense to me :D . Have a word with ya man downunder... he's the one talking rubbish, a constant stream of incoherent brain farting :lol:
These users thanked the author prop_joe for the post:
runner1 (Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:15 pm)

BlameTheWind
Rare Poster
Gear: Escape 7 FS 9 RS 12

Postby BlameTheWind » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:35 am

Why soul, not sonic, chrono, hyperlink, nova etc?
It might be better for me to buy almost new nova 12m for 600€ as a first foil kite, not 2,5k Soul if Nova does the job also...? And when im more experienced, broken first kite, then switch to soul maybe.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:13 pm

BlameTheWind wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:35 am
Why soul, not sonic, chrono, hyperlink, nova etc?
It might be better for me to buy almost new nova 12m for 600€ as a first foil kite, not 2,5k Soul if Nova does the job also...? And when im more experienced, broken first kite, then switch to soul maybe.
Hyperlink is fine, chrono is too high aspect and requires too much flying. For airstyle you want a kite you can park in the sky and not think about that's why the soul is so good. Never flown the peter lynn nova, if you buy it let us know how it works out. Pansh kites are like paper towels you can buy them and use them once then throw them away because they are so cheap. You want to be a little bit careful buying pansh kites because they design the kite for one size then just use a calculator to multiply and scale it, so every kite they have is only good at one size, for instance, both the aurora 2 and a15 are both best at around 15 meters and bad in the 10m size, while the genesis is terrible at 12m and ok in 6m. You can usually look at a tube kite and tell if it will be good for airstyle, you want a high to medium aspect kite without any hybrid shape to it, that gives you the best float.

BlameTheWind
Rare Poster

Postby BlameTheWind » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:46 pm

I can do doublerolls with 12RS no problem, also with loop, if kite is slow thats sounds much more scary for me than its not so stable. I mean im afraid that it will be boring, almost all tricks i do are with loop. But i am interested to have more smooth style.

BlameTheWind
Rare Poster

Postby BlameTheWind » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:50 pm

Replay by a guy who tried them all:

Me: Im 90-95kg, do you think Nova 12 is good enaugh to learn and do smooth(not rushed) boardoff jumps?
Do i understand you correctly, Nova and hyperlink are more verstile, turn faster, chrono has better airime, but is slower?

Him: yes, of cause. Every foilkite of 12m is good enough to learn those tricks.
Yeah. The Chrono is just a hooked in kite, it turns less fast. The Hyperlink and Nova are more playful on the bar, you can do unhooked tricks and go for loops. The soul is more or less a castrated chrono.

haiku
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Latina beach Italy and...Naish beach Maui
Favorite Beaches: Latina, Porto Pollo - Italy , Kitebeach. Kihei - Maui
Style: old and new school
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic FR, Speed, Boost, Cronix, Naish Pivot, Flysurfer Radical 5, Door 5, Kazuma custom wave boards

Postby haiku » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:44 am

Flysurfer Soul 15 Radical 138, Awesome combo to practice basic airstyle tricks in light wind conditions. I had this LW session at Vignola, Sardinia, few days ago. Stoked :o !

Cheers

Carlo
These users thanked the author haiku for the post:
edt (Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:37 pm)

Return to “Airstyle”