Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Titanium Foil

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
wil
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Raglan, Tauranga New Zealand
Favorite Beaches: Aitutaki
Style: free ride
Gear: Switch Kites and Decay boards, Naish Venturi, NJS CF6, Makaira Zeeko foil, Home made foil Clearwater creations wings
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Titanium Foil

Postby wil » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:21 am

Hawaiis how are you progressing with your twin tip i would love to get an update. My twin tip is now completed. I made 2 foot hooks and tried those yesterday just on my tein tip board without the foul. When the water is bumpy i sometimes lose control so am going to make another set of foot hooks from bits of paulownia wood and for protection and comfort glue bits of foam of a camping mattress.

Hawaiis
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kailua

Postby Hawaiis » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:21 am

I have been busy with work, I have not touch the ocean for two weeks, the foot hooks don't give you enough control over the twintips. I always used the twintips foot pads and straps that came with the twintips.
The picture is a board I made from Paulownia wood.
Attachments
image.jpg

wil
Medium Poster
Gear: Switch Kites and Decay boards, Naish Venturi, NJS CF6, Makaira Zeeko foil, Home made foil Clearwater creations wings

Postby wil » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:37 am

Hi hawaiss,

Have you dropped the development of the bi directional hydrofoil? I have not had much opportunity lately to go kiting and have only been on the water twice with my contraption.

I am at the stage of gettting on the board and riding without the board lifting. I found one direction a lot easier than the other. I have since put a bit of dihedral on the front wings. would be great to see another video (but from the shore) to see how you go.

Hawaiis
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Hawaiis » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:03 am

The twin tip foil is not as efficient as directional foil, We all knew that from the beginning. It was just a concept to help beginners to foil without having to change direction.

wil
Medium Poster

Postby wil » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:07 am

does this mean you are not working on it anymore.

I watched some of your videos and I am sure a lot of budding hydrofoilers would love to start on a bi directional before they progress to a directional one.

Hawaiis
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Hawaiis » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:37 am

wil wrote:does this mean you are not working on it anymore.

I watched some of your videos and I am sure a lot of budding hydrofoilers would love to start on a bi directional before they progress to a directional one.
I am still working on it, just need more testing.

Return to “Hydrofoil”