Limited Edition Performance Hydrofoil Board

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
don pitcher
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Limited Edition Performance Hydrofoil Board

Postby don pitcher » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:18 pm

C A R A F I N O 2014 wrote:I appreciate your input on this topic and any ideas that further the sport for all. I have read comments from different viewers and they tend to look to the past and draw the attention of our previous production run in 2009 which suffered breakage. It is our great relief that we no longer and never again will manufacture boards in China.
It is good to know you were able to correct these quality problems. Carbon can be made to look pretty but that doesn't mean it is strong. This makes it difficult to pay so much for a hydrofoil.

Did you make things right with the people that bought your defective product? From this website and what others have indicated, it seems there may be some people that got the short end of the deal. If so, why would someone want to risk buying such product?

http://carafinouk.com

zfennell
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby zfennell » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:36 pm

CARAFINO wrote: .....So customers who want to continue using their previous hydrofoils with flat plate mounting can use this model board. I will no longer manufacture this type of board after January 2014

......The new design boards will feature a diamond recessed attachment so that water free flows pass the hydrofoil attachment. Same as a Tuttle box or normal surfboard fin attachment point.
maybe its just me but the above marketing blurp appears to be a bit short sighted.
what incentive is there to purchase a board style that your company has declared obsolete and no longer supported?

Despite statements to the contrary, the sole purpose appears to be because others have chosen your configuration as the market 'standard'. Yet, you would like to prevent their hardware from being compatible with yours.
That is certainly within your rights.
However, selling me a board that is obsolete today and a board that forces me to buy only your products in the near future does not sound like a good business plan. At least not the way i see it presented.

Unless i'm mistaken, you've provided no technical justification for recessing your diamond plate as opposed to recessing the rectangular plate.

Now that you have created an 'industry standard' why would others choose a new configuration that the 'industry' is excluded from?

but thats just me.
regards,
-bill

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Postby DrLightWind » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:02 pm

Taaroa wrote:post delete
Taaroa, what happened to the post from this morning
you changed your mind because it didn't belong here or Toby deleted it for the better :?:

DrLW

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:08 pm

DrLightWind wrote:
Taaroa wrote:post delete
Taaroa, what happened to the post from this morning
you changed your mind because it didn't belong here or Toby deleted it for the better :?:

DrLW
Does it matter...

This type of mud slinging was started by many brands against each other not that long ago - which is NOT okay.

So fine that it is deleted, no matter if by administrator or by bad conscience from the poster (respect if the case) :thumb:

8) Peter

Taaroa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Frejus
Gear: sword 2 - elf kite
Brand Affiliation: Taaroa

Postby Taaroa » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:58 pm

i have delete my message, because we are discusting with mister Carafino to find a solution ;-)

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:15 am

Tiara, what solution are you referring to? I missed your deleted post. perhaps you could start a thread about your foil, how you developed it, trials and errors. these foils/boards are very expensive to buy without knowing something about the product. At present, I am under the impression that you worked for Cariffino and left to start your own company with the lessons learned at Cariffino. please correct me if I am wrong.

Mako
Rare Poster
Style: Free ride
Gear: .

Postby Mako » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:02 pm

Arcsrule wrote:Tiara, what solution are you referring to? I missed your deleted post. perhaps you could start a thread about your foil, how you developed it, trials and errors. these foils/boards are very expensive to buy without knowing something about the product. At present, I am under the impression that you worked for Cariffino and left to start your own company with the lessons learned at Cariffino. please correct me if I am wrong.
Absolutely no affiliation or any defence of either party on that on this forum under various topic there topics that have stated their case here.

In short, I see three possible options:

1. CAROFINO deal with their historical issues OFFLINE and LEAVE IT THERE!
2. Everyone keeps b*t*ch slapping each other about a Hydrodynamic solution came from where and is the best, I did it better than you. Result NOTHING!!!!!!
3. Everyone sucks it up, promotes new and innovative brands and concepts and keeps the consumer dollar chasing the No.1 outcome, fastest, better and more appealing than anyone else. By the way, IF YOU'RE NOT HAPPY WITH WHAT'S BETWEEN YOUR LEGS, get an ego check and go for a kite, rather than bang on about your latest and greatest :oops:

If however, you wish to promote a product for a specific purpose such a HA Race or medium Ocean Wave, Totally dedicated FREESTYLE Etc.. state what you have, let everyone get involved and assist you.

I know one South African Foiler ,I'd happily buy from for a general purpose offshore foil that looks awesome, no crap about how it might work, just how IT DOES WORK! Whether he'd sell a copy or not, well up to him. Good on him for going out there to explore what HE CAN ACHIEVE!

Return to “Hydrofoil”